Thread: Ice jig

Ice jig

You guys that fish an ice jig, how do you fish it? Long pulls? Short snaps? Little or no action?

2. Member
    Could you further specify your question? There are literally thousands upon thousands of “ice jigs” with a multitude of designs and actions that you can target a multitude of species with. And even knowing what Jig your using and what species you’re targeting, you will likely still get a myriad of answers. But we have to be able to start somewhere to offer any kind of useful advice…

3. Member
    The Rapala Jigging Rap Ice Jig. Largemouth and spotted bass in the winter. Suspended over deep trees or in the guts of the creeks with the shad.

I like a erratic presentation of many rips and jiggles until I have one that is interested on my graph at that point my next move depends on how the fish is reacting to the bait. My best all round presentation once attention is captured is a slow steady lift if the rod feet at a time and then let free fall back down and repeat until strike. A lot of hits happen on the drop as a reaction. Also instead of the raps I like to use a Fiskas Swimmer they are cheaper and work great!

http://www.yourbobbersdown.com/product-p/n58.htm