Question Looking for prop pros and cons

I have a 21 ss extreme with rude 225 and jack plate. Wanting to know prop options. Currently has 4 blade renegade 24 I believe and original to the engine was 3 blade 25. Wanted to know what you guys run for best hole and top end and control. Mine has a ding and a few knicks and maybe going to replace it. With the original aluminum or something else. Thoughts?

To start, the renegade only comes in odd pitches. Let us know what your wide open rpms are and what pitch the renegade is. That'll be a good place to start. Just guessing, a good 25 tempest would be your best bet. You may be able to turn an original 26 raker as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbo View Post
    I have a 21 ss extreme with rude 225 and jack plate. Wanting to know prop options. Currently has 4 blade renegade 24 I believe and original to the engine was 3 blade 25. Wanted to know what you guys run for best hole and top end and control. Mine has a ding and a few knicks and maybe going to replace it. With the original aluminum or something else. Thoughts?
    You dont want to use aluminum. Stainless will give you the best performance.You can always have the props repaired to new condition.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

4. Member
    I have a 21ss with a 225ho etec on the back. 4 batteries 36v fortrex and 10' blades on it. My favorite prop on it was a 26 bravo1. It would run 69 consistently and had an amazing holeshot. Step on the throttle and start trimming up.

5. Member
    I would have though a 26 would give you blowout and from the hole.. but that is great to know! mine does not have poles but has 3 batteries and will already run high 60's with tournament load. full livewells etc. it has a 4 blade now which is great for hole but loses top end. So figured I may go back to 3 blade with better cup and maybe more pitch. thanks