Thinking about revising live well plumbing

I posted this in the General forum, but I always like specifically asking here because everyone here is so helpful.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=783251

In that post I attached two pictures. My 191 has what is in the first picture, except that there are two spray heads, not one like in the picture. I am adding pump out in one way or another. I have to replace the drain valve because one of the barb fitting on it broke, so that's why I was considering a different valve like the Flow Rite System 3. The catch is that I have to plug one 3/4 thru hull hole if I switch it to system 3, which only uses 2 through hulls. Any thoughts? Worth changing things or no?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    There is another option that I saw on their site and that is to add the pump out spray head where you reach in and pull the fitting to allow water to be diverted out.
    I used the 3 way valve in option two and ran the discharge to the thru hull instead of back to the livewell.

In the current configuration the pump doesn't have enough out flow from the valve to pump the water up enough to feed the thru hull fitting and hose. I installed the pump directly into the valve and I believe I should have added an 90* fitting into the outlet and then into the pump so it could build up a bit of water flow. It's still a work in progress that got side lined.

3. Member
    I installed the pump out nozzle / spray head in mine. I also plumbed in a T so that both sides of the livewell run off of one pump. I shortened up the pump out hose so its only a few feet now without a large incline. I can post a picture if your still interested.

4. Member
    Texomaman redid his live well set up, you might wana PM him, im sure he would help you and show you pics.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

If you fish much big water or make long runs... its a comforting feeling knowing you have 2 bilge pumps on board!!!
    MAKING DONATIONS TO GREAT FISHERMAN EVERY WEEKEND
    2005 CHAMPION 188 ELITE

6. Member
    Definitely adding an automatic - no better time for it.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp