Cool Mississippi River Open - May 13th

Hey guys,

The Spring Fling will be on the Mississippi River on May 13th, out of Ike's Park in Wabasha. Open to all navigable waters. Rules will be nearly identical to the fall derby. Please read all rules below. My contact info is listed below as well.

Wabasha (Ike's Park Boat Ramp)
    Tourney time will be 8:00am til 4:00pmk.
    Take off number will be given at check in. Duty of the last boat in the draw to call numbers and send boats off. Please allow boats in front of you to get on plane.
    Check in will be morning of event, and you need to check in with me and pay
    Waters for event will be Pools 4 & 5 (No trailering and navigating to other pools must be done by boat through the locks)
    Cost is $50 per boat
    Payout is 40% to 1st place, 30% 2nd place, 20% 3rd place, and 10% to big bass.

1. 5 Fish Limit(Largemouth and Smallmouth)
    2. Under the age of 18 years you must fish with a parent or guardian
    3. All anglers will wear approved flotation vest or jacket when the combustion engine is running
    4. All Minnesota boating and fishing regulations apply
    5. Must have valid fishing license
    6. Absolutely NO LIVE BAIT. Violating will result in disqualification (Pork Trailer is not live bait)
    7. Participants are allowed to leave the boat for emergencies or to use the restroom only. Leaving the boat for any other reason will result in disqualification
    8. Winners will be determined by total weight of 5 fish limit of Large & Smallmouth Bass by pounds and ounces
    9. Weighing a short fish will result in a one pound penalty per fish plus no weight for the short bass. 14”minimum
    10. Dead fish will receive one pound penalty per dead fish
    11. Ties will be broken by: Number of bass, then Biggest Bass if still tied the prize money will be split
    12. All bass will be released after the weigh-in absolutely no exception. Please release from the END OF THE DOCK and not from the shore
    13. Late penalty Take-off: Every Team must check in with tournament officials and have live wells checked at least 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO START TIME
    If you miss the check-in time you forfeit your tournament slot and will NOT be refunded. Teams will check in as they launch their boat.
    14. Late penalty Weigh-ins: Any team late for weigh-in will be disqualified. Weigh-ins will start at posted times, if you bag your fish you won’t be able to weigh in til the posted time. Please do not bag your fish early until the weigh-in station is setup and ready
    15. Please just be early we don’t want to penalize anyone, and it’s not fair to us or other anglers
    16. Breaking of fishing, boating or tournament rules are grounds for disqualification
    17. Tournament official’s decisions are final
    18. By paying the entry fee, you agree to the rules and agree that all liabilities of tournament staff are waived with no exceptions

All rules apply to tournament day only. PM or email me with any questions. hayeswg4@gmail.com

If someone wants to bring a grill and donate some dogs, burgers or brats, tasty refreshments that would be great. Hanging around after is highly encouraged. Would like to meet other BBC'ers and know what your screen name is.

-Wyatt
    612-799-1385
    Last edited by mn_bowhunter; 02-17-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

Mn_Bowhunter.....Just a heads up that is the same weekend as this.... http://www.brianrobison96.com/#intro (scroll to bottom of page)

"Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

3. Member
    Thanks bass - his event is actually on Sunday, May 14th. The date I am proposing is May 13th!
    Last edited by mn_bowhunter; 02-09-2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: screen name oopsies

ok gotcha!

Just wanted to make sure you were aware of it!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

5. Member
    Thank you sir, I appreciate it!

6. Member
    team event or solo?
    Outlaw Bass

7. Member
    You can fish by yourself, or with a partner if you choose. Just bring your best 5, 14" minimum. Going to open up the tournament to all navigable pools.

8. Member
    Remember to PM me or e-mail me to fish the event.

9. Member
    So here's the deal. We will launch our boats from Ike's Park. We will then have to park them in the dirt lot on Bridge Avenue. About a 5 min walk. Here's a map--> https://goo.gl/maps/aVUkzgjTbg52

We will do the weigh-in at Malone Park. We'll pull in to Ike's Park with the boats, and idle through the park and then under the bridge and then beach the boats at Malone's. See the pic below. Contact me with any questions. Look forward to it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    ***UPDATE***

I spoke with Brian last night, and he is CHANGING the off limits rule for his Sunday tournament to 8pm the night before (Saturday) - so now if you want to fish both you are able to.

11. Member
    As a reminder, if you are planning on coming please PM me on here or send me an e-mail to hayeswg4@gmail.com. Thanks!