Puzzled on props for my rig

I posted this in the setup forum but thought I would post it here as well in hopes of finding a solution since i had no replies there.
    A brief background. I own a 2003 Stratos 201 Pro XL. The rig came with a 2003 Evinrude 225HO engine. Ran this set up for years with full tourney loads and 2 guys driving it all with a 28 pitch Raker 3 blade which was a little slow on hole shot but not terrible and it gave great top end speed. In 2011 I upgraded the engine to a 2010 Evinrude 250HO. Odd thing is the bigger motor can NOT push the boat out of the hole with the 28 Raker at all. Changed over to a 27 pitch Tempest 3 blade with the PVS holes but had to drill out the plugs from 12mm to 14mm to get out of the hole and it is very slow to do so. Then I get some blow out if I don't throttle back and trim up when the nose drops until i get up to speed but my top end speed is about the same as what the 225 achieved. Both motors have the lightning gearcases and I do have and use a hydraulic jack plate.

Does someone know a better set up for overall performance that will still offer good top end speed for this combo? Ideas? Thanks!

I'm not an expert on these motors, But most of the OMC/Bomb motors had 1.86 gears. They did offer a model with 1.72:1 gears. This might be the culprit.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Sencond what 21xdc said diff ratio