Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    the fict. championman, don't you think that garyl guy is just mean
    Pool 10

2. Banned
    With an apparent chip on his shoulder, an apparent hard on for Evinrude, and an apparent pissy attitude, I am not surprised that the OP did not get what he wanted from Evinrude Customer Support. Imagine asking for that which is not available and not being able to obtain same.

Evinrude (and Mercury, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Tohatsu) are better off not having some folks as owners of their products.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    the fict. championman, don't you think that garyl guy is just mean
    Unfortunately for you, the 175 was never produced in a high performance motor. So you couldn't run with the ProXS's which are. You would have had to gone to the 3.3L V-6 90* motor to get into a high performance motor. The 175 G2 isn't produced as an HO motor either much like Merc's 175 Opti VS the Merc 175 ProXs.

4. Member
    jethro, sorry i upset you by asking for a comparison between the merc and the rude. What the hell was i thinking? And Evinrude does not owe me a response if i email them on their website. They have the right to respond to only the questions that make their product look favorable. I' m sure this is how all successfull business's are run.
    Pool 10

Funny about this thread I had inquired about a G2 after my boat was sent to the shop for some warranty stuff and the salesman said they were offering alot of swap $$ in order to switch over to Evinrude so I inquired about trading my 2013 150 pro xs just for sheets and giggles and never got a response so after I called their 1800 number the sales person said they have no programs in place for Mercury trade ins? Maybe get everyone on the same page? I like the clean looks but I think I'll stick with Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    I called their 1800 number the sales person said they have no programs in place for Mercury trade ins? Maybe get everyone on the same page?

It is the motor dealership that offers you a trade in, not the Evinrude factory at an 800 number. Call up Mercury or Yamaha and ask them about their Evinrude trade in programs and you will get the same answer. Factories do not take trade-ins, only the dealers do.

From your post it sounds like either you did not understand what your dealer's salesperson was initially saying or that the salesperson did a terrible job of explaining things to you. If they did not get back with you then it may be in your best interest to talk with a different person or different dealer.

http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/find-a-dealer.html
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12