Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Super pro 200/Astro F-20

Can anyone tell me if the deck layout on these boats are identical? 1995 model year

2. Member
    Deck layout is the same. The factory offered a deck extension.

3. Member
    Thank you. Are you familiar with the chine issues on these hulls? Specifically what to do to correct it?

4. Member
    Yes, any boat that runs on pad will chine walk at speed. It will take time to be able to drive thru the chine. I've heard people sy you can't drive thru it but you can it just takes a little time and patience to master it. I got my first one in 93 or 94 and I came out of a stratos. I took the boat back to the dealer several times telling them something was wrong with it. They said I just needed to learn to drive it. Problem was no one at the dealership could drive it. I went out one day by myself and taught myself how to drive. Took a while but once I learned I could drive with 1 finger. Had a dozen people jump behind the wheel thinking they could drive it. Only 1 person could drive it and he was a bullet owner. Take your time and it'll come.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info

6. Member
    Do you have any idea on which prop offers the best performance on this boat? Has a Mercury XR6 engine 200hp. Don't mean to be a pain but you seem to be pretty knowledgable in regards to this boat and I've yet to find anyone in my area that has even heard of it lol

7. Member
    A worked 25 trophy will put it in the mid 70's solo and low with 2 but hole shot will suffer with 2. For tournament fishing I wold probably drop down a pitch or so to improve joke shot. And if thats a carb motor you might experience difficulty proping. For some reason those card motors are a bit strange.

8. Member
    EFI motor. Thanks again for the info. I believe the motor is mounted too low currently. I bought this boat 2 years ago and am now getting around to restoring it. Mostly used on a 500 acre lake I live on but now is seeing KY lake, Lake Ozark, Table Rock Lake and Barkely Lake on the collegiate circuit with my son. With the deck extension it is a great boat to fish out of.

9. Member
    My bad, I thought an xr6 was a carb motor. Good luck with it and be safe.

10. Member
    Got a bud that just bought a really ragged one but the floor and transome are fine. He owns s boat fiberglass repair business do I'm itching to see how it turns out. He had me to bring mine down so he could see what it's supposed to look like.

11. Member
    You have an F-20? What year? Color scheme? Did your buddy say what he had to give for his?

12. Member

Small picture i know but this is my rig.

13. Member
    I have an x2000. White with gun metal, red carpet and red pins. When I put together the color scheme astro said they really were skeptical about putting it together cause they didn't know how it would turn out. Being that I was for the most part representing the company, I guess they didn't want to put what they thought would be an ugly boat on the water. Lol Turned out so nice they used it in their advertisement brochure. If you look at the 98 astro x2000 brochure, that's my boat on the cover. Picture was taken with a 200 mariner on it but I had a 225 super mag, and then ran it with a 250xb and now going back to a 225pm. I've had 2 astro x2000's, and an f-18. Man can I tell you some stories about running these boats. My bud took the boat in on trade for some glass work but in real dollars he has well less than a grand in boat and trailer but it is in ruff shape.

14. Member
    Do you know if there's a windshield available for the F-20. It kind of leaves you hung out there in the breeze!

15. Member
    There is a windshield but getting one may be an issue. My bud that's redoing one is sending his cracked windshield to a custom plastic company to have it copied and gonna have some made.not a lot of these boats out there but I think a few windshields can be sold. Mine has one but I would buy a spare.

16. Member
    I would buy one for sure as my 94 sp 200 came to me without one

17. Member
    I would most definitely be interested in one. Please keep me posted on this. I know if I went to any of our locals they would break it off on me

18. Member
    I'll be checking on it today and will keep y'all informed

19. Member
    This place can probably fix you guys up with a windshield. I have used them before and had good luck.
    http://getaboatwindshield.com/home
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

20. Member
    You are awesome sir! I sent an email so now I'm crossing my fingers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast