Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Interestingly enough, he did not tell you what Model Traeger he was comparing to. 1st off that Traeger is not $1000.00. the $1k model is the Pro Series 34. The model he has in the video is a Texas Elite 34. Retail on them is $899.99, but most dealers sell them for less than that. So if the rec-tec is normally around $1600 and they knocked them down to $1k to move them, then so be it, but retail to retail it is not the same.

The control boxes on Traeger pro series are different and have dual integrated meat probes. I think they also upgrade to stainless grates but I am not 100% on that, but the Texas series does have the porcelain grates, that is correct as that is what he is using in the comparison.

What I find interesting is that Rec-Tec is always doing a comparison to what they call "Entry level" grill/smokers. If they are Apples to Oranges, why don't they compare themselves to more Oranges to see how they stack up. I know they are a quality product, but it appears they are not doing themselves justice in there marketing strategies. I would be comparing myself to a Smokin Brothers, Blazin grill works (made here in Beatrice, NE), Memphis, MAK, Yoder....and a few others.

At the Entry level stuff I would say Pitboss, Traeger, Camp Chef, Louisiana, Green Mountain and few other off brands are all on same level with a few differences depending on what your looking for.

Rec-Tec should be putting themselves out against the other larger names in the game, especially with a Smart controller, 40lb hopper and other added feature to them that are very nice.

BTW...congrats on getting one, I wish I could afford one myself. I'm sure it will perform as expected for you.

I'm happy with my Daniel Boone so far.

Ray says in the video several things. It's not apples to apples. Rectec is a better grill. The 680 sells for$998 not $1600. Traeger doesn't use the PID controller on any of their products. Rectec also has 304SS on most of the components. If traeger has any SS it's a few components and it's a much cheaper grade and it's subject to rust.

And they are doing comparison videos with Yoder, Memphis and several others.
    " A Few Good Fish"

4. Member
    Would like to see some pictures of the cooking island with the rec tec.

5. Member
    I understood what Ray was saying, just pointing out that his comparison is not exactly as it seems. Rectec website shows the "Value" of the 680 @ $1600 but it's crossed out & says $998. Other companies do it as well, so not saying that are the only one's that do it.

Stainless steel of any grade does not rust, it may be lighter & less in quality, but it will not rust.

The thing I don't get about Traeger is that you can upgrade to a PID for added $, why not just include it in them in the 1st place & be done with it. I will agree that Traeger has completely lost the market on this all together.

As I mentioned before, I think they are a very well built unit. If I could afford one, or had the $ to spend I would consider them & possibly a few others as well. Nothing really wrong with them other than that comparison & info used. That would be like BMW trying to sell a new 5 series and comparing it to a Chevy Impala to make it look better

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra531 View Post
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra531 View Post
    Me 3. Haaaahaaaa. I dropped off the grill the other day. I'll post pics when I can. It was originally estimated at 6-8 weeks. But they are ahead of schedule. We are getting the face of the island stamped concrete natural wood looking. The sides will be distressed tin.
    Thanks for the positive feedback on the Rectec
    " A Few Good Fish"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12