Places to stay on pickwick lake june

My wife and I are coming down the first week of June for a week. What places should I look to stay. I'd like to be on the north west side of the lake I n Alabama or Tennessee. Cabin would be nice on the water.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

Pickwick Landing State Park has some new cabins for rent but don't know any details about booking or if there is a waiting list.

3. Member
    J.P. Coleman State Park is centrally located on the lake. You can easily fish from the Pickwick dam to the Natchez Trace Bridge. They have decent cabins and hotel type rooms. It is about a 15 minute drive to get food or gas.
    Pickwick Landing State Park is nice and is closer to good food and gas. It is at the pickwick dam.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. We booked a cabin at pickwick landing state park. Really looking forward to fishing a lake we have never been to.

5. Member
    Good luck with boat traffic on that end!

License--All you need is Alabama non-resident. You can fish dam to dam on that one ticket. Just don't go into the river below, or into the Waterway.

6. Banned
    For a lake having so many permanent houses (not cabins) in Tennessee & the edge of Mississippi, Pickwick really doesn't have that many places to stay. The two state parks will suffice, and Pickwick Landing also has the motel/resort facility.

Other choice is staying in hotels in Florence, AL, and from there you can easily hit Lake Wilson and Guntersville--16 miles between the dams.

7. Member
    I was going to ask about license for the lake. I'm sure it will be busy with pleasure boats on the weekend for sure.

Bamaman your right right there aren't many places to stay. Lake chickamaga is the same way.

8. Member
    If you have a Mississippi license or Tn. you can fish either waters. Alabama will only work in most of the Alabama waters up stream of Bear creek. And not at all in Ms. or Tn.

9. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    If you have a Mississippi license or Tn. you can fish either waters. Alabama will only work in most of the Alabama waters up stream of Bear creek. And not at all in Ms. or Tn.
    Not true. I don't specifically know about a Mississippi or Tennessee license but I know that unless there have been some VERY recent changes, an Alabama license will allow you to fish from Wilson dam to Pickwick dam as well as Yellow Creek all the way to the Hwy 25 bridge. There always seems to be some confusion about Bear Creek as well for some reason. You can fish FROM A BOAT on all of Bear Creek with an Alabama license. If you're fishing on LAND, however, you need a Mississippi license to fish on the western shore.

rboren is wrong There are no changes to the reciprocal agreement. I live in MS. our license allows me to fish all of TN. Above the Dam at Pickwick Al. waters to the RR bridge in Bear and to Waterloo on the river. Alabama license is good for all of Pickwick as long as they don't go under Scruggs bridge into the Waterway.

11. Member
    If you put your boat in the water in Tennessee waters you have got to have a Tennessee license. And your Tennessee license is good from Pickwick Dam to the mouth of Bear Creek. And if you turn into yellow creek your Tennessee license is good down to Hwy 25 bridge.

You can put your boat in the water at any TN ramp above the dam and fish TN. waters with a MS. license I called Nashville 2 yrs ago and ask about this They told me I could even fish from the bank in Pickwick Lake on my MS. license As long as I stayed on Pickwick Lake and didn't go below the dam which is actually the upper end of KY Lake.