Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    If they started in 2008 with a large sum, they are probably doing pretty well today. If they bought a new home in 2009 they have probably done pretty well too. Now they have to just hang in there and trust the process.

I got into the market 12/08 1/09 with all new money, talk about the perfect timing!
    Last edited by Jeff from Iowa; 01-04-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-85 View Post
    Have been retired over 8 years looking for monthly income Have Cds paying 2.17 anything better must be safe,safe,safe . Be 75 in June
    May I ask what Bank/Credit Union you are dealing with, just checked my CU yesterday and the best is 60 months @ 1.61%, heck I'd be Ok with 2%

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtlgator View Post
    May I ask what Bank/Credit Union you are dealing with, just checked my CU yesterday and the best is 60 months @ 1.61%, heck I'd be Ok with 2%
    Wouldn't recommend anything longer than two years currently, rates should move up.
    And it would be laddered as a percentage of liquid cash investment instruments.
    Wells Fargo is currently at 2.25% and Morgan Stanley at 2.20%, both two year CDs.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I would hate to start an investment portfolio today with the stocks at an all time high and net zero percent savings accounts.
    Out of curiosity, if that were the set of cards you were holding, what would you do?

--------------------------------------------------------
    Who is John Galt?

5. Member
    RT1gator , thats Navy credit union they now have cd at 2.45

6. Member
    @bassboy. Start by winning with your personal finances while surrounding yourself with people smarter and wealthier than you. Then buy into the SPY and a few dividend ETFs as often as you can once/ twice a year.. Then buy some property with as much cash as possible. Use step one to crush any 5 yr mortgages.. try not to borrow past 5-7 years. You can't build wealth with mortgages or your credit card points.. Stay away from dumb gimmicks like bitcoin. It's not an investment.

7. Banned
    Look for the Fed to raise interest rates 3 or 4 times this year.

8. Member
    Yea. As long as they do it easy it shouldn't effect the market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12