Miami b0oat show

Well, less than two weeks to the opening of the Miami boat show. Any new leaks of what Merc is coming out with? Pro XS 150? Or 175/200's all based on the normal aspirated 150 to compete with the Yamaha 150/175/200 line-up? How about normal aspirated light weight big blocks, 225 and up? Last years show was kind of a let down after all the build ups and rumors.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I've heard no "leaks" this year... so who knows.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Glad I din't wait another year...
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

4. Member
    Tomorrow is the big day. opening day of the show. Any rumors yet?

I'll be there working it. Maybe I can sneak out of my booth and take some pics like I did last year

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

Time for a four stroke that's suits a bass boat ����
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    I'll be there working it. Maybe I can sneak out of my booth and take some pics like I did last year

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    I am guessing that Merc announced nothing regarding 175/200 four stroke engines today at the MBS?

Quote Originally Posted by AUTimbo View Post
    I am guessing that Merc announced nothing regarding 175/200 four stroke engines today at the MBS?
    why would they....they got to change the 400 a bit and make a huge deal out of it. I'm sure they sell a ton of those engines compared to a measly 200/225/250 engine.
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

10. Member
    New motor releases that every one can use from mercury racing. An 860 HP and 1,750 HP inboard. Merc can probably make more $ off one of those as they can off a fleet of 175-200 4 cycle outboards for the common man.

Nothing to report for us bass guys. Spoke with two friends at Mercury when I sold loose engines back in 2004. They said they're working on lighter 4 strokes but not ready yet.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    Nothing to report for us bass guys. Spoke with two friends at Mercury when I sold loose engines back in 2004. They said they're working on lighter 4 strokes but not ready yet.
    This is what I don't get.... they can make a 150 non vrod and get it to he marketplace THREE yrs ago but they can't tweak the ICU and get 30-40 more horses out of a 3 liter block by now? Meanwhile Yammy has TWO separate 200 hp four stokes on the market?

I could be wrong but something screams BS here. Sounds to me like they are just absolutely refusing to move these to the market until their warehouses are empty of 175/200 Pro XS engines.

EDIT...make that FIVE yrs ago....

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTimbo View Post
    This is what I don't get.... they can make a 150 non vrod and get it to he marketplace THREE yrs ago but they can't tweak the ICU and get 30-40 more horses out of a 3 liter block by now? Meanwhile Yammy has TWO separate 200 hp four stokes on the market?

I could be wrong but something screams BS here. Sounds to me like they are just absolutely refusing to move these to the market until their warehouses are empty of 175/200 Pro XS engines.

EDIT...make that FIVE yrs ago....
    I pretty sure I have the answer for you. What happened to the 150 Verado when the 150 normal aspirated four cycle came out? Bye bye 150 Verado. They couldn't give them away. So if Merc came out with a 175/200 based on the normal 150, guess what will happen to the 175/200 Verado cash cows.? Does not take an Einstein to figure it out. Meanwhile Yamaha keeps selling the hell out of their 150/175/200 line up and even came out with SHO versions of them.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Rumor has it that the ProXS (3L) may be around a bit longer than originally expected. Recent executive orders "may" extend the end-of-life cycle on that product line (and of course, the Verado models will be around for quite a while, I'm sure).

The 400R is now available in a "carbon" model (with Carbon Fiber Cowlings that breathe even better). And, they will soon be available to retrofit onto other 400R engines.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Rumor has it that the ProXS (3L) may be around a bit longer than originally expected. Recent executive orders "may" extend the end-of-life cycle on that product line (and of course, the Verado models will be around for quite a while, I'm sure).

The 400R is now available in a "carbon" model (with Carbon Fiber Cowlings that breathe even better). And, they will soon be available to retrofit onto other 400R engines.

Which is great for someone wanting to fish out of a carrier...but leaves those of us wanting to get a new 18-19 ft boat no reasonable choice in the four stroke market but the Yamahas. Thanks for nothing Mercury.... :(
    (nothing personal Don) ;)

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Ah... but there ARE reasonable choices in the Mercury Lineup (4-stroke) for 18-19' bassboats.

17. Member
    I'm a Merc fan and will buy 'Phantom Black' over anything else anytime. 2 recent sources I've spoken with inside the industry (wink/wink) both concur that Mercury has enough EPA credits that the Pro XS 'will be around for another 10 years'. Not sure how to read into that...as to whether they will be sold or simply covered under their warranty period for that long...but looks like the 3L 2-strokes won't be obsolete anytime soon. ( but I admit I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what they come out with for us !!! )
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)