Thread: Engine hours

Engine hours

I will be getting a new merc 150 4 stroke on my new boat. Is there any way to keep track of engine hours besides having a smart craft gauge or taking it in to a shop?

2. Banned
    Connect it to an NMEA 2000 chart plotter or fish finder. You will be able to see engine hours and a lot more.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jethro1 View Post
    Connect it to an NMEA 2000 chart plotter or fish finder. You will be able to see engine hours and a lot more.
    Not quite that simple... you have to have a Smartcraft Network, and SOME form of a gateway device, such as:

-Vessel View Link Module
    -MercMonitor (Level-1 or higher)
    -Vessel View 4 or higher
    -Gateway Stick (least desirable).

Drop an email to our Parts Department- Rhonda can send you a list of options and special BBC member pricing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I'm planning on vessel view mobile, seems to be cheapest way at $275.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It's definitely an excellent option!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smallykiller View Post
    I'm planning on vessel view mobile, seems to be cheapest way at $275.
    What all can be monitored with the vessel view mobile

7. Member
    [QUOTE=suprtrkr1974;8114938]What all can be monitored with the vessel view mobile
    https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...mobile-device/

heres some one info on it. I think you could see anything on it that you see on a Mercmonitor. For some things like water pressure you would have to add a sensor on the engine. I'm thinking about getting one myself.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can monitor the same data items that you would be able to see on any other Smartcraft Instrument.

9. Member
    Hi
    VesselVeiw mobile is how I went, just installed the module yesterday it took me about 7 min to get the 150 4s cowl off and back on, 2 min to remove the terminator plug from the front engine, plug in the module and put terminator on the modual, and 1 min to secure the unit inside the cowl. Man was I surprised, thought I had my 2016 150 4s broke in last year, but noop still got lots of hr to go yet this year. Smart craft data is a must have, on these high tech engines now days. I'm using my iPad for my display, and it was a lot cheaper than another Lowrance 12 or 9" gen3 display for the smart craft data. Just plug the iPad into my USB charge port and use the ram mount to mount it.
    CH

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

11. Member
    This may be a dumb question but, the cable to connect your Phone/Ipad to the vessel view module, is it included in the packaging of the module? If so, how long is the cable?

12. Member
    It's wireless

13. Member
    Get one of these tiny tach's and be done:

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_463dke8vc2_e

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smallykiller View Post
    It's wireless
    +1... given the versatility (and low overall cost) of the Vessel View Mobile, there's really no reason to consider anything "less".

15. Member
    Hi All
    Got the boat out wooowe, the VesselVeiw Moblie is so cool. Works great with the iPad mounted on the dash net to my HDS 9. When I,m not running the big motor I put another screen up on the iPad with the wifi from the Gen III nice set up. I'm so happy I picked Mercury 150 4s for my new boat last year.*****.
    CH

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

17. Member
    How do u get rpm, engine hours up, my phone only shows mph

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    How do u get rpm, engine hours up, my phone only shows mph
    Please open a separate thread with the information required (see Forum Announcements).