Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017 LakeVü HD Ultra ??

Does anybody have information on when Garmin will be releasing the 2017 version of LakeVü HD Ultra? Any information on new MaxDef Lakes that maybe included with this release?New features that might be added??
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

2. Member
    I called Garmin support and was told to expect a release sometime in March. Last year's release was early March but there is no set time. Was also told on HD Ultra maps you get the annual card purchased, no updates.

You do get an update on Lakeview HD maps that units are shipped with. Sponsors here on BBC will know best when they start shipping.

Do these come with the newest map guarantee? If I bought a lake vu ultra card now could I get the 2017 maps/update when they are released or would I have to Pony up 200 again? I'd really like to have an hd ultra card before the BBC rally but if I'm spending that kind of money I want the latest and greatest

Quote Originally Posted by KSPropbender View Post
    Do these come with the newest map guarantee? If I bought a lake vu ultra card now could I get the 2017 maps/update when they are released or would I have to Pony up 200 again? I'd really like to have an hd ultra card before the BBC rally but if I'm spending that kind of money I want the latest and greatest
    Yes, you would be covered under the New Chart Guarantee:

http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/marine/programs.html

Per the policy, when you purchase a new preloaded fixed-mount chartplotter, preprogrammed BlueChart® or preprogrammed LakeVü™ microSD™/SD™ card, you’re entitled to 1 free update of the newest version of charts (valid within 12 months of purchase).
    Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, you would be covered under the New Chart Guarantee:

http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/marine/programs.html

Per the policy, when you purchase a new preloaded fixed-mount chartplotter, preprogrammed BlueChart® or preprogrammed LakeVü™ microSD™/SD™ card, you’re entitled to 1 free update of the newest version of charts (valid within 12 months of purchase).

Boy, they sure make you jump through some hoops if youre not using IE. What a pita.

6. Member
    Keep in mind that particular policy only applies to the pre-loaded charts on your MFD - not the Premium charts you were talking about earlier - I think.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

7. Banned
    site works just fine on chrome for me

8. Member
    Any information on new MaxDef Lakes that maybe included with this release or new features that might be added??
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    Keep in mind that particular policy only applies to the pre-loaded charts on your MFD - not the Premium charts you were talking about earlier - I think.
    The policy does cover accessory LakeVu and BlueChart mapping cards, as well as preloaded mapping. See the bolded wording below.

Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Binder View Post
    Any information on new MaxDef Lakes that maybe included with this release or new features that might be added??
    The added MaxDef lakes for 2017 will be announced in conjunction with the Miami Boat Show (February 16-20).
    Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    site works just fine on chrome for me
    I'll try chrome. Firefox kept giving me the message that the plug in wasn't supported or something like that. I'd rather have a sister in a whore house than have to use ie

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KSPropbender View Post
    I'll try chrome. Firefox kept giving me the message that the plug in wasn't supported or something like that. I'd rather have a sister in a whore house than have to use ie
    I recently started having a lot of those issues with Firefox, switched to Chrome and no more problems.

13. Member
    Thanks Todd, if you can keep us updated with the new products and features that are introduced at the Miami Boat Show.

Garmin & Minn Kota

14. Member
    Any information on LakeVü HD & LakeVü HD Ultra updates, rumor has it the new software was going to be introduced at the Miami Boat Show.

Garmin & Minn Kota

15. Member
    Following this one...my year will be up soon :)

16. Member
    Be sure to call them before your year runs out so they know to extend your free chart time.

They told me it would be "a couple of weeks" until the site was fixed so you could download map up-dates....that was almost 4 weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by azbohunter View Post
    Following this one...my year will be up soon :)

17. Member
    I will stay on top of it as the 1 year approaches, I have a ways to go.

18. Member

19. Member
    Yep - anxiously awaiting new maps. What's the skinny?

20. Member
    No news yet as far as I know. Express is still only showing 2016 versions for my maps and the download doesnt seem to work anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast