Thread: Please help!!

Please help!!

I have HDS-9 with LSS-2 and can not seem to get anything remotely close to the shots you guys are getting. As you can see left side is completely invisible in this shot. I did get it to come back later but looked like the right side. My down scan was completely the same as the left side of this picture, almost invisible. I will tell you that my transducer's black cover is cracked on the lss-2. Will that affect picture? Please advise on anything that would help me. Thanks so much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I would think that if your transducer has a crack it would for sure give you some problems. It might also be where you have the transducer located on you boat.

3. Member

Please help!!

Sorry I tried to put these pictures on this morning but couldn't get it figured out. As you can see the cover is cracked. It is on a Skeeter mounted below slidemaster JP. Please let me know you guys think. Does anyone know if you can send this back to lowrance to have tested and cover replaced or just buy new transducer. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ddelgado22; 02-06-2017 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Picture was left off

Post this on the regular lowrance forum. But that looks bad. I'd say transducer is toast.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

5. Member
    This is a $200 transducer. not worth sending it back especially with that kind of damage. I am betting the damage is causing your problems. That transducer has taken a beating for sure.

Do you have a friend with a structure scan transducer? Take your locator and test it in his boat.

6. Member
    Pretty sure the transducer needs replacing, that's a lot of damage. Where it is located appears fine. I have mine in the same general location with no problems.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Think i would have to agree with the others about replacing it.....i'd like to know how one gets cracked up that much...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Thank you guys so much for the responses. The first crack occurred fishing in flooded timber in reservoir. The others I have no idea. To tell the truth I didn't know it was that bad until I took the picture. I guess Ill replace. Thanks again.

9. Member
    Mine did that once and it was a bad transducer. I know you probably don't want to hear that, I know I didn't, but a new transducer installed and all was good again...

10. Member
    i have a lss2 175.00 pay pal tyd

11. Member
    I looked for one for several weeks. Went ahead and bought new one from BGG. $241.00. Thanks for the offer though