Hydraulic Steering

Where's the best place to pick up hydraulic Steering for a 1990 Black Max 175. Thanks

2. Member
    Got some good sponsors here that sell parts. Don's operation comes to mind for starters.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taly-ho View Post
    Where's the best place to pick up hydraulic Steering for a 1990 Black Max 175. Thanks
    Although this is not a direct answer to your question, from my own personal experience with a bass boat with a high performance motor, I will highly recommend a U-flex system over a Seastar system. I'm sure Don can help you with either and will have a recommendation of his own for you.

4. Member
    Like a uflex protech?

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Very similar to that. I personally prefer a Teleflex HELM, and the U-Flex design (Mercury Branded) cylinder. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor