Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    Looks like the steering wheel and trolling motor made the trip..

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfisher View Post
    Looks like the steering wheel and trolling motor made the trip..
    Even the jackplate made...they all installed on my new boat waiting to be rigged.
    '15 Xpress X19 '14 Yamaha VMAX 175 HPDI, 12" Detwiler Hyd JP,

3. Member
    I just stumbled across this tread and WOW ! Glad no one got hurt . I bought a new H51 back in 2004 and came with an all galvanized box tube back track trailer . That trailer was a beast . I kept the boat 14 years and never had an issue with that trailer . I don't remember what year xpress came out with the aluminum trailers but I was like Hmm, I don't know if I would trust that . Over the years I've heard nothing but bad reports on these trailers . Hope everything works out for you OP

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

4. Member

Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    I just stumbled across this tread and WOW ! Glad no one got hurt . I bought a new H51 back in 2004 and came with an all galvanized box tube back track trailer . That trailer was a beast . I kept the boat 14 years and never had an issue with that trailer . I don't remember what year xpress came out with the aluminum trailers but I was like Hmm, I don't know if I would trust that . Over the years I've heard nothing but bad reports on these trailers . Hope everything works out for you OP
    I bought a new h51 in 07 kept it seven years no problems.A friend has a x19 11 years no problems.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    I bought a new h51 in 07 kept it seven years no problems.A friend has a x19 11 years no problems.
    Are those all aluminum trailers . If so that's good . I've got some buddies here that gripe about having to keep a close eye on the welds and have had to repair some . Maybe our great roads might be a contributer to that !

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

6. Member
    Ordered my XP18, lost cup holder on the way home....dealer sent me one with a tube of silicon. Back Track Trailer, noticed when hosing out my floor water would pool on starboard side at seats, did some measuring of the location of bunkers, starboard support 1/4 lower than port side....now I have to put a 16 wheel on that side.....kidding. Workers not taking pride in a job well done...for whatever reason.

7. Member
    Glad you made it thru ok. When I towed mine back from florida only to find a leaf spring hanging by a bolt half way out and other nut loose I felt pretty lucky.

8. Member
    I won't begin to talk about the 2012 X19 I bought.....think the thread is still around....guality of workmanship, fit, finish, lose hoses, bare wiring shorting out, continuous chine making me take a trip back to the factory, etc. BUT...very tough, dependable hull. After I fixed ALL issues other than the chine....a Buddy bought it from me & ground down the welds on rear that Xpress said were ok....boat quit chine walking & drives great now. That boat was a GREAT learning experience!

I bought a Phoenix for the "big water"....the X19 could handle the big water but I couldn't take the beating any more. The Phoenix is smooth as glass. bought bro-n-laws 17' Xpress with 90 Yam for small stump filled water & work boat. Knew what I was in for...never put it in the water until I tore it apart and FIXED everything that'd plagued them for years...& now it is a great boat. Turned down numerous offers to buy it. Tough little boat...just like that X19 was...will haul 2 guys (well over 200# each), and 12 concrete based 40# brush piles without breaking stride!!!!

Having said all that....lesson learned! I'd buy a USED Xpress any day. I KNOW what I'm in for...about a weeks worth of work...pull the tank, console, access areas...go thru all the fixtures & wiring...why pay a new price when you will have to do it anyway?

Im not bashing....I love my tin boat...I've had personal experience with a 2000 model & 2012 model. Both had very similar issues. Have friends that had same issues. Seems nothing has changed. You'd think Xpress would get the hint....but if I were in the market today....I would find a used Xpress....not new.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234