Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    You're correct. He went on to say the props are built by a different division than the engines. He didn't elaborate why Xpress didn't deal with them, only that they couldn't get them. I would assume this means at a factory discount that would make it worth their time.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

2. Member
    Their QA/QC is definitely lacking for the price they ask for these boats. Look back at my history and you'll see the awful experiences I've had with calling their factory too. The xpress I have now is my first and last.

3. Member
    I've never had much luck contacting the factory direct on any of my new boat issues. Your dealer or the local rep can usually get you the help needed in a more timely manner. Did you buy the boat new?

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

4. Member
    Sure did. I made the mistake of buying the boat for the best price and not good dealer support. I found an EXCELLENT dealer that was willing to make my shitty dealer's wrongs, right. Needless to say, the new dealer has a customer for LIFE.

5. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 02-15-2017 at 09:31 AM.

6. Member
    https://xpressboats.com/wp-content/u...e-c3a5deaa0352

I requested one and a window pop-up where I had to fill out my name and address. Email link came 20 min later. Possible your browser block the pop-up?

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasfishin2 View Post
    Turbo props are owned by yamaha.

Yamaha owns PPI ?

Edit:

Wow, just read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sphill View Post
    Sure did. I made the mistake of buying the boat for the best price and not good dealer support. I found an EXCELLENT dealer that was willing to make my shitty dealer's wrongs, right. Needless to say, the new dealer has a customer for LIFE.
    Ok so if you have found a dealer that will support you now are you still of the mindset that you don't want another Xpress rig? If so, why? I am genuinely asking for your feedback, I don't want to make a $40K plus blunder. If you would rather just shoot me a pm.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigflipr76 View Post
    Ok so if you have found a dealer that will support you now are you still of the mindset that you don't want another Xpress rig? If so, why? I am genuinely asking for your feedback, I don't want to make a $40K plus blunder. If you would rather just shoot me a pm.
    If your looking for perfection, then xpress is not for you. If your looking for a tuff as nails high performance boat, that are expensive, then xpress might be what you are looking for.

If you are between tin and fiberglass, I sometimes wish I had went with fiberglass. But just because of interior features.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

10. Member
    I took my boat out the other day for the first time and I noticed that there wasn't a "cup holder" insert in the console. There is just a hole cut in the dash. I don't know if there is supposed to be an insert in it or not. Kinda looks ghetto to me without it, but my previous boat was a little higher end model of a different brand.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    I took my boat out the other day for the first time and I noticed that there wasn't a "cup holder" insert in the console. There is just a hole cut in the dash. I don't know if there is supposed to be an insert in it or not. Kinda looks ghetto to me without it, but my previous boat was a little higher end model of a different brand.
    There is an insert it's probably along the highway somewhere.Keep an eye on the steering wheel center cap also. I had to secure both on my boat or they would be gone.

12. Member
    Why would the X19 be priced at 40k,is that every option,twin PP,dual axle and the 200Sho,etc?

13. Member
    :) no, not every option.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

14. Member
    They are well over $40,000 without every option

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigflipr76 View Post
    My thoughts are mixed here. When I think about how absolutely nasty and disrespectful the representative was on the phone with me (This was Kenny's boss), I have the mindset "F#$% that company I hope they go bankrupt and choke on a bag of d*(ks." However, when I take my boat out, I think "This boat is nice!"

If I had to do it all over again, I don't know. It would entirely depend on my mood. To me the lack of support, both to dealers and customers, from the factory speaks more to me then how fast, smooth ride, or good looking a boat is. I mention dealer support as well because I personally heard two different service managers in two different states tell me Xpress takes forever to pay the dealership for the warranty claims and makes it painful to get paid. You can take that for a grain of salt if you'd like but I don't like the idea of pulling into a service center and them thinking "Great! I wonder when we are going to get paid for this." To me customer service is more important then any other product a company can offer.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by August west View Post
    They are well over $40,000 without every option
    Have not seen prices that high,well over 40k gets you an X21 up here.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sphill View Post
    My thoughts are mixed here. When I think about how absolutely nasty and disrespectful the representative was on the phone with me (This was Kenny's boss), I have the mindset "F#$% that company I hope they go bankrupt and choke on a bag of d*(ks." However, when I take my boat out, I think "This boat is nice!"

If I had to do it all over again, I don't know. It would entirely depend on my mood. To me the lack of support, both to dealers and customers, from the factory speaks more to me then how fast, smooth ride, or good looking a boat is. I mention dealer support as well because I personally heard two different service managers in two different states tell me Xpress takes forever to pay the dealership for the warranty claims and makes it painful to get paid. You can take that for a grain of salt if you'd like but I don't like the idea of pulling into a service center and them thinking "Great! I wonder when we are going to get paid for this." To me customer service is more important then any other product a company can offer.
    This really sums it up IMO. I would still search out a dealer again to buy another one though.(few left )Factory support? I wouldn't count on it. My dealer told me that when I made the purchase in 01, He was right. One call to the factory was enough for me. Love the boat.
    Last edited by pa.X19; 02-15-2017 at 05:44 PM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omrobro View Post
    Have not seen prices that high,well over 40k gets you an X21 up here.

I just bought one outfitted the way I wanted, granted I left one or two options off and added some here and there...it's over 40

19. Member
    Damn, guess I will need to contact my stealership and see if I can get another one. Always something I swear.

20. Member
    On my second Xpress, a 2012 X17 now and 2001 X54 prior to that both bought new. First one did have issues with the center compartment leaking but was an easy fix by reattaching the gasket and had to align wheels on the trailer using a floor jack to slightly bend the axle. Almost 5 years with my X17 and no issues. Maybe I'm just lucky and got a good one but if I live long enough to buy another new boat it will most definitely be an Xpress.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast