Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lund 2075 pro v bass ride

So real world big lake ride - how does the ride of this hull compare to the typical Phoenix / skeeter / ranger ride? Looking for a good big water boat to fish north and east Texas lakes. I like my small aluminum boat for the stumps but have always had big fiberglass boats for safety on lakes like Rayburn and Toledo. Don't see many Lunds down here.
    Last edited by blakesfav; 02-04-2017 at 10:01 AM.

2. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=780999

Here's a write up from a few days ago.

3. Member
    That Lund will take on chop that will have a normal bass boat swamped up to your ankles and have you puckered up so far that you will not be regular for a week. Just be warned that it will not draft less than a normal glass rig.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    So real world big lake ride - how does the ride of this hull compare to the typical Phoenix / skeeter / ranger ride? Looking for a good big water boat to fish north and east Texas lakes. I like my small aluminum boat for the stumps but have always hade big fiberglass boats for safety on lakes like Rayburn and Toledo. Don't see many Lunds down here.
    My buddy has a predictor 2010 with 225 Pro XS. The boat rides like an old school cadi, cuts through the waves nice and absorbed the bumps better then a glass rig I think... however, it's a slug my z118 with 150 is faster. It's not a crazy dry ride, I have to wear my rain gear when the wind kicks up as these boats don't really ride on top of the waves more plow through them. The Pro v may be a little different. It all comes down to what you prefer, I can tell you that you will not save money on fuel or hauling because it's a tin, still a big ol' 20 footer.

Good ons luck with your purchase.

5. Member
    So what is the difference in draft? A few inches isn't a big deal but a foot would matter.

Is it just a deeper v than a typical bass boat?

6. Banned
    I am entering my 5th season with a Predator 2010 which is the predecessor to the ProV Bass 2075. It's 6" shorter and 4" narrower, same IPS2 hull design. I bought it to bass fish Lake Michigan. I've been out in 35mph winds on Lake Michigan and have never felt unsafe. Navigating the Great Lakes is a completely different experience than inland waters. As far as inland lakes, I've been out in 40 mph+ winds and if you are experienced in driving in such conditions, you can have a dry relatively comfortable ride. Like any other boat, you hit a wave at the wrong speed or angle and you'r going to get wet and bounced around. The way the hull is designed, you cannot spear a wave.

7. Banned
    So what is the difference in draft? A few inches isn't a big deal but a foot would matter.

Is it just a deeper v than a typical bass boat?
    I draft 14"-16" loaded.
    It's similar to a bass boat that it has a pad, although not as pronounced as a bass boat, and yes much deeper in the bow area. The way the weight is distributed throughout the boat helps with the ride but also causes a loss in performance. All the weight is distributed down the keel. Fuel tank, batteries, livewell, oil tank (in the 2 stroke) all run down the center of the boat. Here's a Lund ad for the Predator. I would believe the ProV Bass is similar if not better.

8. Member
    So is the Predator and the 2075 the same hull? That thing is a beast!

9. Banned
    Yes, same hull design. They call it the IPS2. The ProV bass is longer and wider

That's a great video for the Predator.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    That's a great video for the Predator.
    What makes it so great is it's in real world conditions. Every other boat "test" videos are ALWAYS on calm water including the few I've seen with the ProV Bass .

12. Member
    Well I'm reaching the age where going high 70s in a bass boat really isn't necessary. I'm getting into more safety and comfort, plus a recent move to Texas from Louisiana has changed the type of water I fish. My big concern on these lakes is safety. The one thing that seems to keep me from fishing the big lakes here is wind. On a windy tournament day here, our 75 mph rigs are reduced to 25 mph bone jarrers and it frankly can be miserable. It seems like the Lund would offer something better but I'm surprised that I just don't see them around here.

13. Banned
    Well I'm reaching the age where going high 70s in a bass boat really isn't necessary. I'm getting into more safety and comfort, plus a recent move to Texas from Louisiana has changed the type of water I fish. My big concern on these lakes is safety. The one thing that seems to keep me from fishing the big lakes here is wind. On a windy tournament day here, our 75 mph rigs are reduced to 25 mph bone jarrers and it frankly can be miserable. It seems like the Lund would offer something better but I'm surprised that I just don't see them around here.
    Lund has never really dove into the bass fishing market. They had a ProV bass back in the 80's as well. I think they're finally coming around and realizing the potential money in the bass fishing market. Part of it is the culture up north. The walleye fishing industry is huge and smallmouth bass are considered trash fish in many locations. People just don't target them. Why make boats for a market that doesn't exist? The somewhat recent events with BASS holding more tournaments in the north have changed some of the attitudes ....

14. Member
    Looking at the brochure it looks like the pro v bass is shallower than the Predator. Does it sit as tall on the trailer as the Predator in that video? If it rides like that Predator then it looks like a perfect option for our lakes here.

15. Member
    Also, I noticed the 60 inch triller sits up very high when deployed and may be in the way for casting. Will a 52" troller work?

16. Banned
    Also, I noticed the 60 inch triller sits up very high when deployed and may be in the way for casting. Will a 52" troller work?
    The 52" will prob work on the prov. I know on my buddies Lund predator on some days the 60" pops out of the water... and all we do is fish big wate with that predator. Georgian Bay, Lake Erie, lake st.clair. If you gonna ride it it those big lake contions your gonna get wet don't care how good you are... been soaked in a z520 just the way it is...

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    The 52" will prob work on the prov. I know on my buddies Lund predator on some days the 60" pops out of the water... and all we do is fish big wate with that predator. Georgian Bay, Lake Erie, lake st.clair. If you gonna ride it it those big lake contions your gonna get wet don't care how good you are... been soaked in a z520 just the way it is...
    Don't disagree but the waves are less erratic on most inland lakes.

18. Member
    Ill try to answer a few of the questions here.

I think this boat will draft very close to my ranger 521. The difference would be a few inches if anything.

It does ride higher on the trailer than my ranger but it doesnt look like a big deep v walleye boat on there or anything.

I'm confident saying that this boat will outride most any standard bassboat in the rough stuff. Its bigger and more importantly deeper and the ride is definitely helped by that. The tradeoff is that it isnt a real fast boat. Go in expecting a 60mph boat because that is what it is.

The tm i have is 52" and it is fine for my purposes. I wouldnt want the 60" but the 60" might be useful on some waters. My 52 is currently set where i could still lower it 6" or so.

Also, you are off the water maybe 9-12" more than a standard bassboat. If you didnt use a net, it would require a longer reach although you can still easily reach the water by hand. Just requires you to be lower in the boat. With a net, it wasnt a significant difference.

19. Member
    Great answers guys - much appreciated. I need to get in one and see how it feels compared to a big glass bass boat. Storage is definitely more than any big bass boat so if ride is better it just makes sense that it would work here in Texas. I'd probably get laughed off the ramp at my first tournament until I cruise past someone on Rayburn on a windy day waving and eating my sandwich :).

20. Banned
    Great answers guys - much appreciated. I need to get in one and see how it feels compared to a big glass bass boat. Storage is definitely more than any big bass boat so if ride is better it just makes sense that it would work here in Texas. I'd probably get laughed off the ramp at my first tournament until I cruise past someone on Rayburn on a windy day waving and eating my sandwich :).
    You might be pleasantly surprised. I still get compliments on my boat. I've had multiple unsolicited offers to buy my boat and last summer I had the sales manager of a Lund dealer stop me on my way home from the ramp offering to buy my boat. The Lund will hold it's value as good or better than a Ranger. I know Lund isn't a huge name in the south but they are arguably the best fresh water aluminum fishing boat made.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast