Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    How does John Cox factor into all this?? He likes metal boats.

2. Member
    I wish they would go up more. Makes my 14 921 hold it's value better.

3. Member
    yelp
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Ben Franklin

4. Member
    Wasn't that the whole marketing ploy when Phoenix was first hitting the market? About how they were so much less expensive that Ranger and Basscats, etc. for the same size and HP. Now it seems they are the same price as the others.

5. Member
    I guess if Ranger had a 21' boat with a 250 for 55k they would be the same price.

At one time each pro was like us. They chose what boat they wanted to run. If I joined the elites tomorrow and phoenix gave me 0 deal and ranger gave me 5k off the boat id choose phoenix. Id bet Randall Tharp had a better deal with ranger than he does with phoenix. Just like if Evinrude gave me 5k off a motor I would still run Mercury. This is a quote Tharp made last year when switching to phoenix and Yamaha "What looks good financially in the short term has the potential to jeopardize your credibility in the long term, so in every move that I make I try to think about the long-term consequences and stay true to my history in the sport". Maybe he was talking about LEWs, idk but there is the proof that pros do not always go with the best deal. I sure as hell don't and wouldn't unless I was absolutely broke.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

7. 921screaming250
    2017 921 loaded to the gills was 75,000

8. Member
    I am not sure what everyone is putting on their boats but with the below link shows. A fully loaded boat shouldn't be much over 69 to 70 with Hdy jackplate and 8' PP.

http://jordanmarinesales.com/new-boats-for-sale

9. Member
    I know in Ca. " a new 921 with 8' poles, Atlas JP,12" graphs, goes for $75 before tax,prep & freight ! so your looking at $80+, then throw in a low down long term loan ?.... your looking at a 100k boat !......

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman920 View Post
    I know in Ca. " a new 921 with 8' poles, Atlas JP,12" graphs, goes for $75 before tax,prep & freight ! so your looking at $80+, then throw in a low down long term loan ?.... your looking at a 100k boat !......
    You will have extra shipping to take up a few thousand the above was to show what you can buy one at. Anyone can look up on line if they think my post is not accurate The prices were on boats in link.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman920 View Post
    For 15k I'd be doing my own shipping

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfrench085 View Post
    For 15k I'd be doing my own shipping

I'd be willing to transport any boat anywhere in the Continental US for $12k From dealer to wherever You want it delivered.. I'm paying co-pilots $1000.00 a trip.

I will do it for $11k.....
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

If you arent looking around for a good deal...thats on you. If you want to pay full MSRP on everything they put in a boat...electronics, TM, Poles..hell...motor even...thats also on you.

No way in hell I would pay full retail plus rigging for putting Poles and Electronics in.

15. Member
    Yep here in California I priced a 921 xp 250 sho dual poles manual plate shocks on trailer 2 helix 10s asking 67k plus TTL and dealer prep be right at 75k to 77k price is about the same as a Ranger z521c not saying one is better than the other just stating prices.

That freight/prep is insane to me. Is that all the "rigging" of electronics and Poles in addition to the price?

I priced out another brand last year. I provided everything to them except JP. I was having the motor shipped there as well. They rigged TM and main motor. All said and done, I was about 17k lower than if I had them do it all through them.

I think there are deals out there. You just need to keep looking AND be able to jump on them immediately. My 2015 921ProXP had a MSRP of $78,398. It has everything (dual 10' pp, velocity wheels, air circulation system, 12" man.JP, etc.) but 12 HDS electronics and hydro plate. The dealer was sitting on it all year. I know. Because I watched as the boat didn't move, the price did. After a bit it went to a "sale price" of $68,900. Still no takers.
    I went to look at a 919 at the dealership in late 2015, which was "on sale". By the time I got serious, that price dropped dramatically. So much so, that even my wife said maybe we should look at the 921.
    It took a month of Saturdays driving back and forth to the dealer negotiating and head scratching but I feel like I can't even post exactly what I got the boat for. I have not seen anyone mention buying a similarly equipped boat for near what I paid. I will say this. A friend is a Ranger dealer and I promised him I would talk with him before buying a new boat. I was already at $58,000 with the Phoenix dealer and asked my buddy what he could do with a 520. He said that was below his cost for a bare bones Ranger 520. Before the deal was done I got an even lower price.
    I'm just saying. Keep looking. And be ready to jump on a deal. They are out there.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

18. Member
    I think like said on post #57 if you just shop around and hold out till the right deal comes along you can capitalize on the right deal, they are out there, I really like that 921 xp with a sho 250 maybe that guy will soon be paying flooring cost and drop the price, I'm in the market and wife said go for it but the price has to meet my budget, I think Phoenix, Ranger, Basscat, Skeeter all build great boats I'm not bias to any brand I like to keep my boats for a long time.

19. Member
    As Stated above...If your serious about buying a boat, be ready financially to purchase it.
    Before I even start looking I am approved for an amount that meets my budget. When I find the boat I want, its only taking care of specifics with my credit union, and the deal is done.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

20. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 921screaming250 View Post
    2017 921 loaded to the gills was 75,000
    2016, 921..Upgrade to... two 12's mounted on precision sonar mounts, dual console, 10' blades, hydro Bob's, center seat,
    c channel trailer, SHO is more too...
    Then add tax, and you're just over 80k.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast