Thread: Cumberland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Bigguns firing- seen so impressive pics from past few days

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    I will be going back this weekend for another shot at Cumberland. I have never fished it until this winter and we have had some success, but haven't had a good day yet. What we have found in January has been mainly deep fish and deep bait. I'm hoping to catch it on a day when the bait gets a bit more shallow and really opens up the crankbait bite.
    The crankbait bite has been on strong for quite a while now, but really slowed down the last couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong there are still being limits caught on them, but not near the size fish that were being caught awhile back.

3. Member
    Whats going on at the present time? Water up ? Down? Temp? Any fish shallow?

water level

http://cumberland.uslakes.info/level.asp

Lower end water temperature 50-55 pending area and time of day. Water is gin clear, clear and light stain pending area. Fish are biting but you need to be near baitfish.

5. Member
    I caught a limit Sunday in dirty water on jigs on the upper end & it took 15 on Saturday in the burnside island tournament.

6. Member
    What depth of water are large mouth and small mouth being caught respectively. Heading down next week and have never fished it.

7. Member
    Took 24.82 Saturday at burnside island in one tournament & almost 19 in another. The prespawners are biting.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Took 24.82 Saturday at burnside island in one tournament & almost 19 in another. The prespawners are biting.
    I launched out of burnside saturday, but we got skinned up. Only had 2 keepers all day. At least where I was, couldn't get a shallow crankbait bite to fire and didn't have much more luck on mainlake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12