Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdboatman View Post
    Have you thought about putting those stick on rust proofing stickers? I switched to Flambeau because of the excellent rust proofing they do. Just curious---looks good. Might check them out myself.

I had a major rust issue in my terminal box last year. This year im using a regular bass mafia box and i put two of the bullfrog rust inhibitor pads in it to hopefully fix the issue. Its a vrry nice fit
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Member
    Did they not fit with width or thickness?? If it was a depth issue-- i did have to cut off 2 black tabs on the back of the storage box (these tabs connect multiple boxes together which is a feature we dont need in the center storage area) which took about 30 seconds with a sharp razor. With those off they fit perfect.

3. Banned
    The Home Depot HDX boxes I purchased do not fit in the Phoenix 920 compartments. Has anyone with a 920 tried using these HDX boxes? If so, maybe I purchased the wrong size. I have attached a link to the boxes I purchased.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-15-Co...0034/204515485

Just a tip for the guys talking about rust issues... My wife works in a pharmacy and saves all the moisture absorbent desiccant packs for me that they use in pill bottles. They work great and I just rotate them out every year or so or when necessary. If you know anybody that deals with pharmaceuticals then have them just save them for you, or you can just stop by your local pharmacy and I bet if you ask nicely they would hook you up. Cheap and extremely effective.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

6. Member
    Just wait for the upcoming BPS spring sale. They'll have their own 3700 and 3600 equivalent-sized trays on sale 4 for $10 starting on Feb. 27th (in-store only I believe). Best deal around for tackle trays. The only thing I don't like about them is the frosted effect on the top of the lid. Makes it hard to see in without opening. Still a deal though.
    Alex Darsen - 2013 Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS
    Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
    It's more serious than that!

Yes they are cheap but after about a year the lids start warping.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

8. Banned
    So has anyone tried these Home Depot trays in a Phoenix 920 with success? Do they fit?

Here is my solution. But I tend to overdo things.

10. Member
    I use the home depot boxes for my tackle too.. Even in my BassCat, they serve well.. :-) I also have the heavy duty Husky box, that is clear.... and seals to be water proof.. I can keep my hook sand weights in that.. I leave them in the original packaging except for the weights, and then I use tiny little zip baggies for those and mark them with a Sharpie permanent marker to know what size they are..

All nice and compact.

Mo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12