Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Stopped by the bait store that's next to Ark Rod where they make Hammer blanks, they had some old Hammer rods with cork handles and spiral wrap guides in the bait shop. They were $50 but she said they were made before the current owner who acquired Hammer. Still I thought it was pretty cool. It's ironic because I live in Harrison AR where they make the blanks and my dad lives in Guntown MS where Hammer is headquartered.

2. Member
    Gary, can you ask for Hammer to build a few with a mid-micro tip top, or perhaps the last 2-3 guides? Even if it has to be a custom order?

3. Member
    What still amazes me with the Hammer rod is how "alive" it feels with the type of taper they use. I've fished with the first generation of Fitzgerald rods and a Halo rod which use a similar taper and the Fitzgerald rod was nice but a MH power was noticeably heavier than the Hammer and the Halo was softer with no sensitivity, it had a similar feel to an E-glass rod.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebacks View Post
    I want to try one also. I was impressed with the alx zolo so now i want to try a hammer. I see the 6'9" m casting rod is rated down to a 1/8 oz. Does anyone know if this whould be a good all around lighter crank and tx rig rod?
    There is a 7'3" cranking rod as well. It works great with small balsa baits.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Gary, can you ask for Hammer to build a few with a mid-micro tip top, or perhaps the last 2-3 guides? Even if it has to be a custom order?
    Van - I'll ask and if it's a possibility, I'll get in touch with you. My guess is that it's doubtful.

I have 7' MH and I absolutely love it! Very versatile.. I've been thinking of trying the 7' Hvy for jigs and heavier Tx rigs.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Van - I'll ask and if it's a possibility, I'll get in touch with you. My guess is that it's doubtful.
    Kool...

8. Member
    Have had the 7' hvy for 3 yrs now and its one I wont part with.

9. Member
    I just bought my first Hammer rod last week. I ordered the 6'9" Med for 1/4oz bandits and 3/8oz squarebills. I really like the Winn grip, it feels a little thinner than the Winn grip on my Magnesium 2 (I prefer a thinner grip). Great dealing with The Tackle Trap, I ordered late Tuesday night on there website and it was sitting on my porch in Ohio Friday afternoon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12