St. Croix Panfish Series

I ordered a St. Croix Panfish 6'9" UL Fast as a surprise for my wife. She'll be throwing 1/32 - 1/16 tube jigs or BG baby shads casting and vertical. How will this rod do for these applications? It will be paired with a Stradic FK 1000 and 6lb dia. PowerPro with 6lb fluro leader. Right now she's using a Falcon Original 6' L which will be mine once she gets her new one (assuming she likes the new one). She likes the Falcon but claims she wants a UL and something a little longer. I've read a lot of good reviews on this series of rods just wanted to get yall's opinions on them. Thanks.

2. Member
    It's a good choice.
    Question everything!

3. Member
    Nice set-up and great rod. I have the same set-up except with a symetre 1000. I use no brad ad what you have to watch out for with light line is to keep some srt o tension on the braid so that loose wraps don't form on the spool and create a birds nest. Unless a sensitive presentation is needed often opt for mono for this reason.

DG

4. Member
    The braid will really just be backer, I'll have at least 2 casts worth of mono or fluro tied to the braid.

5. Member
    Got the rod in the mail yesterday hopefully the wife can try it out this weekend, maybe she'll let me hold it for a few casts but from her impression I doubt it

I have that same rod and I prefer it for using with bobbers and 4lb mono because it's not as sensitive as I want it to be.

7. T Dub
    I have been tempted to try the 7' model for throwing crappie grubs

8. Member
    I am also looking at the 7 light action for bobber fishing. I like mono for for slip float.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank C View Post
    I am also looking at the 7 light action for bobber fishing. I like mono for for slip float.
    She's tried using a slip cork above a jig this weekend, the string style bobber stopper was too big to pass through the last couple of guides (they are almost like micro guides). But she absolutelt loves the rod.