Banned

Update on my Pietta.

Well it has been a while since I've posted here so here is my update but first let me recap whats been done.The base gun was a Pietta 1860 that had arbor problems. I removed said arbor clean the frame threads up and installed a new arbor with a permanent thread locker on the arbor threads and a bit in the frame.Once the frame and arbor were allowed to sit for 3-5 days I then installed a set screw in the back of the arbor Its rock solid and has been since then.Then came the conversion but that's along process so we will leave at that. Next came the grips. The gun originally had the big army grip on it that grip does not fit me well so a set of navy grips went on which I had to lightly fit to the gun. Now I used the gun for a while like this and its been used on a few coyotes etc... but I got tired of carrying a rod to eject the spent casings.This brings me to my current update. I have finally added a ejector to the gun.A Richards mason conversion normally uses a ejector that fits into the loading plunger for a mounting area well I don't like that ejector. I have used a ejector like the one you would find on a later 71-72 open top and the saa. I think its came out pretty good but its still not done next is a removal of the old factory bluing as it leaves alot to be desired when viewed up close I will be re bluing some time this year hopefully. I am also planning on a single stage press so that I can start reloading my 45 brass I figure I can cut my cost down this way.I guess my next couple gun purchases will probably be a 5.5 inch 45 conversion.A rabbit ear double and a 1873 repop because I'm thinking about trying cas shooting matches.

2. Banned
    Oh and I know the pictures suck but heres what I have on hand. http://i.imgur.com/AOJCjEz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PqIOW3f.jpg