Question 05 NX882 driver seat space issue

I have a nx882 nitro with very little seat leg space in the drivers seat is there an adjustment to where you can move the seat back to give you more leg room? Any suggestion appreciated. I'm only 5'10", 190 lbs so I am not a big man, just a bit uncomfortable hard to get in and out of driver seat.
    thanks Dave

2. Member
    No adjustment what I've found, I just sit with my knees bent. I don't even try to get my legs under there anymore btw I'm 6'4/230.
    Hope someone else can pop in here and let us both know.
    04' Nitro NX882DC
    150 Merc XR6 21P Trophy
    12' Talon
    LMS- 552C & Hook 9 Bow - Elite 5 Stern

3. Member
    I noticed the same issue on my 04 and I'm only 5'10. The seats also make you feel as if your sitting straight up and down, or way to high in he air if that makes sense?? Or maybe the seats are too padded. It just feels odd behind the wheel. A hothot for a tall person is iffy....... I'd say design flaw and the rod boxes barely hold 7 foot rods if the the boat is a DC. Other than that mine is pretty solid and in perfect shape. If only the seats were adjustable. grrrrrr :/

4. Member
    Unless something changed my 2001 882DC has plenty of leg room. I am 6' and can barley touch the back wall. I have no problems getting in and out. I like the seat setup personally.

I removed the center seat when I got the boat, maybe that helped getting in and out.

As far as rod locker, I have no problem getting 7foot rods in with rod socks. Without rod socks it is tuff.

5. Member
    I had a 2004 NX882 I bought new from BPS in Dania Beach FL. I could not fit my legs under the console either. The salesman had one of the mechanics come out to the boat lot and we found that there was enough room from the bottom edge to any wiring and equipment to cut about one inch all of the way around the bottom and put the edge trim back on. Cost only the labor to do this and made a world of difference.
    Cheers,
    FXMike