Thread: Boat Bumpers

Boat Bumpers

Anyone ever use any of the boat bumpers from the Rangerwear site? If so, which model for a Z521C, and how many per side. We usually trailer our boat at our tournaments, but will be going somewhere that isnt really an option so we will need to put it in a slip

2. Member
    If your putting in a slip, just tighten the lines port and starboard on both sides so the boat doesn't move too much, provided the lake doesn't drop out from under it.

Had to install two cleats one next to the port and starboard consoles this is the widest point on my Ranger you would need to check your model to see if the middle is where your hull hits when tied at the front and rear may need three bumpers instead of two. I used the suction cup one from Ranger in the middle before I installed the cleats and worked fine. Also my Ranger sits low in the back so the standard bumper floats up, used PWC bumper which is shorter.

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

4. Member
    I just bought 2 from wally mart for seven dollars. I just hang them off of the rear tie up thingys.

I use the ones from Rangerwear for both my RT188 and my Glass Ranger (AKUA I believe is the brand). They're expensive but, surprisingly they WORK! I use three on the dock side.

I usually find them floating in the back of cuts near marinas. You can tie the right length of rope on each one to rig at the bow and at the stern cleats. I even made one with a rope tied into a loop and put it over the throttle at the middle of the boat.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Ryan View Post
    I use the ones from Rangerwear for both my RT188 and my Glass Ranger (AKUA I believe is the brand). They're expensive but, surprisingly they WORK! I use three on the dock side.
    I have the same ones and they work great.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke