Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

99 201DC Restoration

This is what I started with the day I brought it home

This is is how it looks now
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Are you just using the weight of the added center compartment? Or do you have it anchored?
    BEAUTIFUL boat by the way.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Nice!!

4. Member
    Looks great. I replaced all of my switch covers with printed ones so I don't have to try to remember what each one is.

It is anchored. I took the deck extension that came in the boat and cut the lip down to the same size as the rest of the lids, then made a aluminum frame welded it up.

I took all all of the carpet out of the boxes and the back of the lids. All of the lids backs are painted with rustoleum bedliner to stop them from sweating, I painted the inside of all of the boxes with marine industrial paint.
    Last edited by stickerjoe; 02-03-2017 at 04:59 PM.

My I have the covers on order. I got rid of the 2 piece plastic dash and used 3/16" stainless CNCed it and shaped it to fit
    I also replaced the woodgrain plastic on the drivers console too. It painted white

New Rims and seats are next hopefully by spring
    the boat spent upside down for almost 3 weeks, the bottom had some chips and 3 foot gouge that was delaminated that had to be fixed and about a week of wet sanding and buffing.
    and I made all of the decals on it including on the motor

the trailer was stripped and painted with white bedliner with all led lights. I added 2 amber between the tung and fenders replaced the 2 at the tung with 3/4" amber lights, I also added 6 white 3/4" lights 3 on each side pointed at the boat to light it up at night and to help see the bunks in the dark.

Nice! How does that 225 Pro XS push it around? Been thinking about updating my motor instead of updating the entire boat. Toss-up as to which way makes the most sense!

So far it runs very well, I only have about 4 hours on it. It was a fresh rebuild on it.

Nice job. Need to take pics of before and after with mine.

12. Member
    Hi Stickerjoe, rattlehead here, just bought an exact copy of your boat and need to do some updating. Hope you don't mind me asking some questions. Where did you purchase your rocker switches? Would also like to know more about the hatch you made. Would you mind going back and forth via email? If not mind is rnye14@yahoo.com.

Great job on the restoration, really looks good. I missed 5 cobra's before finding the one I have now; but the wait was worth it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rattlehead View Post
    Hi Stickerjoe, rattlehead here, just bought an exact copy of your boat and need to do some updating. Hope you don't mind me asking some questions. Where did you purchase your rocker switches? Would also like to know more about the hatch you made. Would you mind going back and forth via email? If not mind is rnye14@yahoo.com.

Great job on the restoration, really looks good. I missed 5 cobra's before finding the one I have now; but the wait was worth it.
    Thanks
    I have not had to replace any switches yet but I did swap out the covers and a 5amp breaker so far
    you can get the cover from http://greatlakesskipper.com/boat-pa...-switch-plates
    Last edited by stickerjoe; 02-13-2017 at 09:05 PM.

14. Member

Thanks
    This is where I got the printed switch covers. They also sell a tool that makes it easy to get the old ones off. I highly recommend getting it.

https://newwiremarine.com/product-ca...switch-covers/

15. Member
    Hey sticker Joe. Beautiful boat. Where did you get the cobra decals for the counsels? I'm looking for some for my 96. Thanks

I made them, I made a few for Charles back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I also made some of the bubbled decals

17. Member
    Hey Stickerjoe, thanks for the reply. Do you make stickers to sell? I need to get 4 for my 99'

18. Member
    Hey Stickerjoe, thanks for the reply. Do you make stickers to sell? I need to get 4 for my 99'
    I would be interested also.

Yes I do make them to sell
    pm me I can send my number or email me ggdecals@yahoo.com
    Last edited by stickerjoe; 02-14-2017 at 09:44 PM.

20. Member
    Would like to get 2 stickers for the console and 2 for the sides. My email is: rnye14@yahoo.com or you can call me at
    985 285-0282

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast