Thread: Henry Shotgun

Henry Shotgun

Looks like Henry is coming out with a new line of single shot shotguns, they have rubber butt plates and screw in rem chokes. 100% USA made.

They are listed on Henry website, release date in May.

Glad to see a quality built entry shotgun, steel and wood, no plastic.

2. Member
    me like. would almost take up hunting again just to carry it in the woods-. I don't know much about a brass receiver. Are they as strong as steel?

3. Moderator
    My buddy is going to get one of the .410 lever actions. Can't wait to shoot it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    My buddy is going to get one of the .410 lever actions. Can't wait to shoot it.
    I want one of those bad...but almost 1000 dollars for a bunny gun is a little steep for me.......Let me know how he likes it..

5. Member
    The single shots can be had in either traditional blue steel receiver or the brass receiver like the golden boy rifles. I would prefer the blue steel, 20 gauge, combine that with the rem choke system, that could be a squirrel, rabbit, or turkey gun, I think they are chambered to take 3.5" shells, however the lever .410 will only take 2.5" shells.

The Blue steel should be around $450 and the Brass around $550.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    me like. would almost take up hunting again just to carry it in the woods-. I don't know much about a brass receiver. Are they as strong as steel?
    "Different steel (all their steel is made in America), which arrives as rectangular stock, goes to other CNC-machining stations to be turned into bolts. Bolts are hand-inspected and gauged after machining–every one. The inspection station has an array of gauging fixtures, and the woman I saw gauging that day is very practiced. The barrel chambers are reamed and polished before installation (easy, with the CNC machines making the thread and shoulder dimensions perfect), then after the barrel is screwed into the receiver, headspace is checked again.

You might wonder about the brass frame of the Big Boy. You’d think brass is soft, right? On this use you’d be wrong. There are brass alloys with tensile and yield strengths as good as or better than steels commonly used in firearms manufacturing. Anthony simply told his engineers to find an alloy that was up to the job and someone who made it. So they did. Like the steel (and everything else in the Henry Repeating rifle catalog), the brass castings are made in America. The castings are inspected before, during and after they are machined and polished."

Read more: http://www.rifleshootermag.com/rifle...#ixzz4XXDqmTTJ

...so they claim.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO