question on older stroker?

is there anything to look for on these boats? not familiar with them heard alot about them considering trading brands going from a champ to one wondered what to expect it is an older boat just curious thanks

2. Member
    Mid year of 98 they went from wood to composite. There is very minor differences other than that. If you get one with wood make sure it's dry and structurally sound. There is also a third knee brace that's recommended on the wood boats if you plan to use the heavier 3 liter engines. If you will provide information on the boat you are looking at somebody here probably knows it and can give you more info.

On the "wood" boats check the splash we'll drain for cracks. Check transom very carefully for deflection. Check knee braces for delamination. I have been working on repairing one for a while that the splash we'll drain was cracked on. The transom showed little signs of rot, but I did notice a slight change in light reflection when I would like install the transom saver. When I tore it apart, the very rear layer of plywood was rotted. The rest of the transom was still solid, however water had leached around into the knee braces and they suffered severe rot and delamination.

My my boat is an early 1998 model. I hope that helps.

4. Member
    ya just replaced a transom in my old champion was not fun but the sea cast seems to work pretty well so far

5. Member
    530 Farragut Ave B, Great Lakes, IL 60088
    What year did the single console start ?