Went and did it too.......H22 Bay

Well I guess ill carry on and add to the "went and did it" thread...... Placed an order today for the H22 Bay and F200LB engine. I added lots of goodies hoping that I wouldn't need to upgrade later.
    - 10" Atlas jackplate
    - Tandem Trailer
    - Extreme stainless package
    - Upgraded TM to 80 lb maxxum
    - 10" SI and 9" DI Helix Gen 2 networked graphs
    - 3 Bank Charger
    - Trim at the bow
    - Boarding Ladder
    - Swing away tongue
    - Aluminum Wheel upgrade

Im pretty stoked. I talked to the xpress sales rep at our boat show this past week and he said they are running 6-8 weeks right now on new orders. He did say they were cutting new H22 hulls in the next week or two so it appears this may have been a good time to place an order for this hull.

2. Member
    Sweet. I'm trying to cut a deal on one now .

3. Member
    Haha nice thread title! Congrats and hopefully the trend can continue. Those are BA boats! Wish i could
    afford one of those too!

4. Member
    Can anyone give some insight or recommendations on trolling motor shaft length? Dealer is recommending 52" but that seems awful long. Ive always had 42" tm shafts in the past.

If I could make a recommendation, I would go with the 52" and a 36 volt 112lb thrust. Also a high performance charger that will charge you up in 4 to 6 hours max. Mine came with 24volt 80lb. If you are an all day fisherman and you fish even when the conditions aren't favorable, you'll thank me.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

6. Member
    I'd love a 36 volt system but don't want the added weight or cost. Honestly I'm a 4-6 hour a day tops fisherman and always have plenty of time overnight in the shop to charge back to 100%. You guys running larger 24 volt systems on your TM did you upgrade fuse blocks? Minn Kota recommends a 60 amp for an pound motor and I can just about guarantee it won't come with that.

7. Member
    Clarification - I left off the poundage. They recommend a 60 amp fuse for an 80 lb motor

8. Member
    So I talked to the dealer today and he said Xpress told him the boat is scheduled to be finished this week and they should take shipment next week. Listed my Xpress xp18cc for sale on Sunday and the first guy who showed up today left with it. Kinda sad to see her go....... I've caught a ton of fish in that boat. Hoping to have pics of the new rig next week.

9. Member
    Well i finally got to pick up the boat and put 2 hours in it yesterday. Was 15-25 mph windy conditions with solid 2 ft waves which is way more than I normally care fish in. All i can say is wow i am impressed with the ride. It really is comparable to most bass boats ive been in. Never got above 4000 RPM but was running about 40 mph there. I can definitely tell the powertech prop is junk because its already starting to blow out at 4k. Will be ordering a tempest or tropy in the next week or so. Got the first scratches out of the way too when i beached it on the bank to go get the trailer at the ramp. Also it does serve its primary purpose and catchs fish!! Wound up with a limit of crappie.i have to figure out how to post a picture and will get that added

10. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Banned
    Nice mess of Crappie.

13. Member
    Thanks. Figured there was no need to break in the engine without sliming the inside up! BTW I went with the new humminbird mega imaging and it is amazing. I had a 998 unit before and it's literally like going from a 1980 console tv unit to an ultra hd flatscreen!!!

14. Member
    Nice boat!! Is that Shipp's Marine??
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

15. Member
    Yessir it is!! You must be located in east texas.

16. Member
    :) time for some fish sandwiches!

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

17. Member
    Congrat's on the new ride! Glad to see you were able to slime it right off the bat too! Nothing like getting the skunk out of the boat as soon as possible on a new boat.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddodge View Post
    Yessir it is!! You must be located in east texas.
    Yes sir!!! Lake o' the Pines is my home lake and Caddo is my second home. Bought my xpress from Shipp's.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

19. Member
    Awesome!! We have a camphouse on caddo lake thats been in the family since the 50s. Ive been fishing there since i was old enough to handle a fishing rod. The salvinia sure has put a damper on things the last few yeara. Good to know theres some local guys on this forum.