Need Tire Suggestions

I am looking for tires to put on my single axle trailer for a skeeter zx190 w/ 175 hpdi. The current goodyear marathons have good tread left, however one had a busted belt I assume and began to bulge near the shoulder. I want to replace both, with a different brand (dont trust them now).

The boat came with aftermarket wheels and the current tires. Size is 215/75/R14. I don't tow a whole lot, but will take 4 hour trips one way, 1-2 times a month, amd keep it around 70pmh max towing speed. I'd like to stay around $100-$125 per tire.

There is a lot of information on these boards. Can someone summarize for me and suggest a tire?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

That is exactly the mass info I was referring to LOL. I do appreciate the work you put in to it, I'll try to narrow down my question here.

Which one should I buy given info in my original post? Kuhmo 857s or the Carlisle Radial Trails?

Quote Originally Posted by TFJR87 View Post
    That is exactly the mass info I was referring to LOL. I do appreciate the work you put in to it, I'll try to narrow down my question here.

Which one should I buy given info in my original post? Kuhmo 857s or the Carlisle Radial Trails?
    Make you a good deal on some Khumo's --- I have 3 new ones.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TFJR87 View Post

I went thru 5 defective(belt) Goodyear Marathons that came on a new tandem axle trailer within the first three year sof operation Trailer was garaged and run less than 1,000miles per year at low speeds.Goodyear would not admit a quality problem existed. I replaced the Marathons with FREESTAR tires.In the following 6 years never had a tire problem with the FREESTARS.

6. Member
    Look up goodyear endurance. New this year, made in Bama I believe. Could be a gamble like any new product, but hey, cant't be any worse than China made.

7. Member
    Thanks for the info on the endurance. They have a D raged tire in my size also. I asked my goodyear tire store to find me a tire not made in china last week and he could not find one. I guess the endurance are relatively new since he did not mention them.

Just look the up on the goodyear website. Just announced by goodyear Jan 30, 2017. I hope they will hold as good as the US made marathons I have.
    Last edited by Scott AU; 01-31-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott AU View Post
    Thanks for the info on the endurance. They have a D raged tire in my size also. I asked my goodyear tire store to find me a tire not made in china last week and he could not find one. I guess the endurance are relatively new since he did not mention them.

Just look the up on the goodyear website. Just announced by goodyear Jan 30, 2017. I hope they will hold as good as the US made marathons I have.
    ScottAU, are you going with the new goodyear endurance? I am leaning toward the carlisle HD in 205/75/14 D-rated 8 ply.

9. Member
    I'm not sure yet. I'm either going with the etrailER taskmaster 215/75R14 D rated or wait on the goodyear endurance 215/75R14 D rated. I checked with my goodyear tire store this morning and he told me the 215/75R14 would not start produnction until approximate 90 days. Not sure if I want to by first production run tires eithe. The endurance will be replacing the marathon and will be us made.

I measured my wheel width at 6.5 inches, so the 205/75R14 tires I don't think will fit.