Thread: The Shack

The Shack

I loved the book and can't wait for the movie! Anybody else looking forward to it?

'14 Phoenix 619 w/ 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    I'm waiting for it too. Loved the book.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Member
    The book was great, heard there might be a movie. I guess I heard right! Hope it's as good as the book.

4. Member
    My wife has read the book 3 times, were looking forward to the movie!!

5. Member
    The release date is March 3rd in theaters. Yaaaay !!!!!

6. Member
    Went and saw it with wife saturday night it was sold out, My take it is a very good movie,but one has to remember it is a fiction movie.theres some overtones in it that i dont agree witth but over all it is a good movie!!!if anything i hope it gets more attention to God. But i did find it odd just 1 screen in 3 countys around me was showing it.

7. Member
    Try this one, "The Road to Emmaus." from Northwestern Publishing. Its about 30 minutes. The quality is not Hollywood standards but its pretty good for being filmed in WI. The content (message) is definitely not Hollywood standards.--far superior. It includes, embedded in the acting, the 2 main doctrines of Scripture: Law and Gospel. Highly recommend. In the film, God is portrayed as a man (male), just as He claims in Scripture.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    Try this one, "The Road to Emmaus." from Northwestern Publishing. Its about 30 minutes. The quality is not Hollywood standards but its pretty good for being filmed in WI. The content (message) is definitely not Hollywood standards.--far superior. It includes, embedded in the acting, the 2 main doctrines of Scripture: Law and Gospel. Highly recommend. In the film, God is portrayed as a man (male), just as He claims in Scripture.
    Wow. Very powerful. Thank you for sharing.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

9. Member
    Googled my post--make sure its from Northwestern Publishing. An LDS product came up--not the same! Also some other products...

10. Member
    Googled my post--make sure its from Northwestern Publishing. An LDS product came up--not the same! Also some other products...

Where do the two main doctrines of Scripture intersect? --at the Cross. The Law demands continual perfection, failure deserves hell (separation from God). The Gospel, 'good news' is that God provides the very thing He demands...perfection. Perfect life and perfect sacrifice. Christ provides both. He becomes sin--cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree and receives our reward--hell. Read Isaiah 53, written 700 years before Christ, "By his wounds we are healed." Comfort, comfort, ye my people.

11. Banned
    I thought you were talking about the barbecue restaurant down on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Their fine sauces are carried in the grocery stores throughout the Mid South and they're some kind of fine.