05 ETEC HO lost RPMS and slowly lost power on Plane

I went fishing yesterday while leaving the marina I got on lane and was running around 4000 RMS and around. A mile the motor seemed to bog down and the RPM slowing dropped to 3000 RPM then he motor seemed to catch and went back to 4000. Then it did it again and as it was doing it I turned the boat to head back to marina. As I turned it jumped back to 4000. As I was heading straight it started like bogging down and the RPMS starting coming down slowly and I slowly pulled throttle back and came off plane. It idle time and idle back the rest of the way. When I went to put it on trailer I had no problem giving full throttle and it did fine.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

Indid notice ice my fuel gage was way below the E. I'm pretty sure I had a 1/4 tank left. I did stop and put 20 gallons of fuel in and checked the fuel gave and it never moved.

2005 TR21X DC
    2005 E-Tec 225HO
    75.7 MPH GPS Full Tourney Load 3/4 tank of fuel

2. Member
    Have you ever had the injectors cleaned and calibrated? A clogged one will do your motor in. If you can get almost 76, yours is faster than the 2005 20X I traded a couple of years ago with a 225 E Etc.

3. Member
    I just had a injector replaced that went down and one of the reeds was bad and had it replaced. I'm going have to take it to the shop and see what they can find.

2005 TR21X DC
    2005 E-Tec 225HO
    75.7 MPH GPS Full Tourney Load 3/4 tank of fuel