Deal or No Deal...RT188

Dealer has a NEW 2016 model(year old) Ranger RT188 with options listed below:
    2016 Rt188
    115 evinrude e-tec (10 year warranty)
    70# minkota
    lowrance hook 3 on bow
    lowrance hook 5 on console
    wheel upgrade
    batteries, rigged and ready to go
    Price was $25000
    (I will end up putting the hook 5 on bow and buying a 7" or 9" for console but this isn't included in the deal)
    "out the door" for $23000

Deal or No Deal???

2. Member
    I paid $25,200 for my new 2015 RT188 but with more options, jackplate, auto bilge, 80# TM but no electronics. You can also go to Ranger website and build a new one with the same options for another price comparison.
    Last edited by oldgoat188; 01-29-2017 at 09:31 AM.

3. Member
    Sounds like a good price to me. If you like it go for it.

4. Banned
    Sounds good

5. Member
    At 23k I think thats a fair deal if its the boat you want.

6. Member
    Sounds like a great deal if tax is included in that price. I know you said out the door but if you're buying out of state or in certain states, that may mean tax will be paid later at the courthouse.
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

7. Member
    Which Minnkota, edge or maxxum?

They have a similar 2016 at Holiday Marine in Florida. It is for sale for about 27K.....Which is their asking price. These dealers will deal on the Ranger boats if they want to sell them. I think your out thedoor price is a good price if that includes dealer prep and taxes an all that extra stuff. I really like the 10 year motor warranty. I have six years of warranty with the Yamaha and wish it was 10.....These things are so expensive to get worked on. I believe I would buy it at your price.....
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

9. Member
    The build price on ranger web is a little over $25000 plus tax. I think it's the minnkota edge but I'm not sure. The price includes everything but taxes.

10. Banned
    I think it's a good price, but the only thing that gives me pause is the Rude. For some reason, down here, Texas Louisiana etc. the Rudes don't re-sale well. I know a guy that tried to basically give away his used RT188 with a Rude and no one would touch it. Not sure why.

If you like it buy it.

I would go build one on the Ranger Website exactly as that one sets and compare.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

12. Member
    Wow, the main reason I was thinking of buying is for the 10 year warranty. I plan on selling it in about 5 years to get a glass boat. I was hoping that long of a warranty would be a sales pitch to the new owner, at that point it would be a used boat but still have approx. 5 years of warranty left.

13. Member
    Sounds fair I think. How much more is the 18 over the 17?

I think the boat is a decent buy at $25K. The 10 year warranty is a great selling point when you are ready to sell so I would not worry about that. The E'rude is a good engine and the only rude I have ever owned was an old 40hp model from about 1970. My dad bought it with the old bateau style bass boats from the late 60's early 70's. My dad ran that boat for close years and the only thing he ever did to that old rude was change the water pump and the plugs. I got the boat from my dad when he decided he wanted to buy a new boat which was a tracker. I had the boat for 6 years and replaced one water pump and changed out the original plug wires and plugs. When I finally sold it I got $1800 for it and the motor was running like new. My dad bought that boat from Reeves Marine (now out of business) in Shreveport, La and as far as I know that old boat is still chugging around Lake Bistineau. So I would never be afraid of that rude on the back. I would talk folks such as Mr.C. in Wis or Buton they own the rudes along with several others and none appear to have had any real issues with their motors. I think you would do fine with that rude and that 10yr warranty will be a big help in you selling it when the time comes.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

Sounds like a good deal. Also, as other have said, check on the TM (maxxum vs edge, maxxum is better) AND reverify the OTD price..Some dealers forget to include taxes which may be as much as 8%.. Love the 10 year warranty on the motor....Good luck...Ps. Put the 7" or 9" on the bow..thats where you will be fishing and standing so the bugger the better. Just IMHO. Tight lines..
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin