Onix better resolution than Helix and Solix?

Hi all, new here.

It seems to me that the new Solix and helix units offer no better resolution than the onix (the Solix has a bigger screen than the onix, but given the size difference the resolution would be the same or worse right)? So, why upgrade? With the 15" you are actually getting the same picture as the 12", but it is stretched out and therefore a slightly poorer picture than the 12" I would assume. I have 2 onix units and hope to heaven they don't stop with the updates to them cause I just bought them not too long ago! I won't upgrade to Solix cause I don't see how it is really any better than the onix. Would like to see some side by side pics though! The helix 10" MEGA actually has poorer resolution than the Onix, so don't think that 1200 kHz (or whatever it is) could offer any real benefit over the Onix 10.

Screen resolutions

Onix 10 = 1024 x 768

Helix 10 MEGA = 1024 x 600

Solix 12 = 1280 x 800

Solix 15 = 1280 x 800

Welcome to BBC!! (Where in WI?).

The upcoming ONIX update sounds like it will add many great features and is supposed to improve overall performance. I look forward to seeing it. One improvement with SOLIX will be screen brightness. Some are disappointed with the ONIX brightness.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

3. Member
    Solix has the best, but Helix 12 mega has Display Pixel Matrix:1280H x 800V also
    Last edited by woody123; 01-29-2017 at 04:51 PM.

4. Member
    Thanks for the reply woody123. Until they come out with a finder that has 4K, dont think I'll be needing to upgrade. I think the onix is plenty bright and resolves quite well. Be nice to give us onix users the option of a MEGA transducer though. Yes, the Solix as well as the 12" helix have 1280x 800, BUT, the screens are 2" larger as well...

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cthetruth View Post
    Thanks for the reply woody123. Until they come out with a finder that has 4K, dont think I'll be needing to upgrade. I think the onix is plenty bright and resolves quite well. Be nice to give us onix users the option of a MEGA transducer though. Yes, the Solix as well as the 12" helix have 1280x 800, BUT, the screens are 2" larger as well...
    The Onix doesn't have the hardware needed for the meag.