Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    What????? $7.99!!!!
    haha yep. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say, they don't have anymore....lol
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

2. Banned
    Yea that Domo site looks good but the shipping is a killer....I think amazon may be the best all around deal. $39/gallon shipped...my dealer isn't local and they didn't have much of a deal anyway.

I use 1oz of marine stabile for every 10 gallons of gas.

I also use Yamalube Ring Free

3. Member
    Domo is still less than 39 a gallon even with shipping
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    I use Sea Foam as recommended withe ethanol-blended gas if I get in a pinch and can't swing by an ethanol-free pump. I also use it in other small engines around the house. It has revived my '83 evinrude on the old duck boat a couple times now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdavis View Post
    I run exclusively DFI Oil. Does everyone also run the Quicksilver Step 2 cleaner with every gas fillup? I also try to stay away from ethanol, but if I have to use it I either use Step 1 or Stabil. Anyone else do the same?
    "If you only have men that will come when there is a good road, do not send them. I want men who will come when there is no road at all."

5. Member
    Have you checked with your local merc dealer? Mine sells DFI oil out of a 55 gallon drum for something like $24 per gallon. Yes it is the brown stuff. I noticed last time I was down there they sell boxes with 3 unmarked gallon jugs for something close to that per gallon. Apparently that quicksilver sticker is QUITE expensive. Buy it without and save some money.

6. Member
    Stopped by a local marine dealer here in the Birmingham are to buy a couple of travel covers for my Power Poles and checked the price of the OptiMax DFI synthetic blend oil. It was only $28 a gallon! If you're in this area you can get it at Airport Marine just south of Alabaster. I tried to post a pic but it wouldn't let me...

7. Member
    That was where I bought mine in fact. They are about 10 miles from my house.

Going to visit Skip there this week to have my 200 pro xs oil pump replaced (the typical leak).

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    That was where I bought mine in fact. They are about 10 miles from my house.

Going to visit Skip there this week to have my 200 pro xs oil pump replaced (the typical leak).
    The price is right for sure

Quote Originally Posted by TroynTN View Post
    Just bought my boat, and the Mercury owners manual clearly recommends the Mercury Optimax blend OR Quicksilver. So long as you use one of those two, I don't think warranty should be an issue.
    Note that Quicksilver is not a different blend neccessarily, just a different brand on the bottle. Its what you get when you buy if from places like Walmart. So, it's not "Mercury Optimax" or "Quicksilver" its "Optimax\DFI" which can be either Mercury or Quicksilver. They are the same thing. The quoted post makes it sound like you need to use Optimax oil labeled Mercury or any oil labeled Quicksilver.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Member
    Mercury DFI oil, check these folks out. http://www.duskyonline.com/optimax-1-p-mercury-oil.html

Even cheaper at the store. I bought 2 cases (6 Gals) for $27.50/gal
    1 gal - $31.95
    3 gal - $29.50 ea.
    6 gal - $27.50 ea.
    Cheers,
    FXMike

11. Member
    Academy Sports. Prem. Plus 23 a gallon

Academy Sports. DFI - $39

Bob Gottschalk
    2019 Z18
    2019 PRO XS 175 FOUR STROKE

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FXMike View Post
    Mercury DFI oil, check these folks out. http://www.duskyonline.com/optimax-1-p-mercury-oil.html

Even cheaper at the store. I bought 2 cases (6 Gals) for $27.50/gal
    1 gal - $31.95
    3 gal - $29.50 ea.
    6 gal - $27.50 ea.
    prices are incorrect and $55 shiping for 6 gal
    Last edited by rampaage; 02-12-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimuga View Post
    Stopped by a local marine dealer here in the Birmingham are to buy a couple of travel covers for my Power Poles and checked the price of the OptiMax DFI synthetic blend oil. It was only $28 a gallon! If you're in this area you can get it at Airport Marine just south of Alabaster. I tried to post a pic but it wouldn't let me...
    My dealer sells it for 27.95 right off the shelf too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12