Lucas M

2nd Annual Big Bass Wanted Tournament on Lake Waconia

Hey everyone,

Its that time of year again! Where we have nothing to do but wait till the hard stuff is gone and melts away so we can get out on our boats! So that means thinking bass fishing and marking our calendars for the tournaments we are hitting for 2017. After a huge first year success last year, I am putting on a 2nd annual BBW tournament on Waconia. We had 24 boats participate in the first year, and raised just over $7,000 for Feed My Starving Children. Was an amazing day for me to see how much giving was being done by a great group of guys. This year I am upping our goal to $10,000! I am hoping to push for 35 boats this year. I want to see this grow yearly and hopefully have to switch it over to Minnetonka because of its size. I am sure some of you would love that, and others may dread it! But for the 2017 tournament, plan on Lake Waconia.

Please mark your calendars for September 16, 2017. This is the day that seems to work the best after looking at other tournament schedules and events in the area. It will be a 7:00am start again from the Waconia Beach. More details will come, but I wanted to get the date out there for everyone. Please pass this information along to your friends so we can increase our participants this year. It will be the same setup as last year. Multiple weigh-in periods, with prizes going to each winner of the period and a grand prize winner.

If you would like to contribute as a sponsor or have "in's" through local companies that may want to sponsor, please get a hold of me at bigbasswanted4fmcs@gmail.com or PM me.

Spread the word!
    Thanks Everyone

Lucas
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I'll be there! Super fun event. I loved that there was coffee in the morning!

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

3. Lucas M
    Some Fish from 2016

4. Lucas M
    Some more photos

5. Member
    North Metro Bass Academy will be there! Need some redemption after last year, looking forward to it!

6. Member
    AOY on Mille Lacs again 9/14-9/17

7. Member
    What AOY are you referring to?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    What AOY are you referring to?
    Bassmasters, its the weekend before Major league series is out there.

9. Member
    Do you have the link to the tournament? I don't see it on their site anywhere

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    Do you have the link to the tournament? I don't see it on their site anywhere
    http://www.bassmaster.com/news/2017-...ason-announced

11. Lucas M
    Thanks for the update everyone. They made me change the dates last year and looks like they will need to be changed again this year! Darn you BASS!! I will post a new date on here. Great to see MN on the BASS map though!

12. Lucas M
    Ok, after thinking about a new date for the Big bass Wanted Tournament. I decided on September 30th. There are no other tournaments going on that day, so that should help with boat numbers. Also thinking that a week later than last year will help put the fish more in a fall pattern and not a transition stage. We will see! But please put September 30 on your calendars. 7:30am start. More details will come later. If you'd like to help sponsor the event, please get in touch with me.
    Thanks Everyone! Looking forward to another great day on the water in the early fall!

13. Member
    I'll be there on the 30th. Fun tournament!

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky292 View Post
    Bassmasters, its the weekend before Major league series is out there.
    MLF is going to Mille Lacs?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbp View Post
    MLF is going to Mille Lacs?
    That would be interesting! They'd have to leave the bank!

16. Lucas M
    Hey Guys. I created a webpage to view the tournament details and sign up on. Please pass this around if you think others may be interested! Thanks! Come on open water!!

https://sites.google.com/view/bigbasswanted4fmsc/home