Measuring additives

I keep and re-lable my empty Stabil bottles (with the measuring reservoir on the side) for my gas additives (Sea Foam, Ring Free, etc) that do not come packaged as such.
    Much easier to measure and dispense.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

I do the same. But, I cut off the small bottle on the side. Then, I plug the hole in the bottom with some clear RTV silicone. Be sure to empty the bottle after every use, as some additives can soften the silicone.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Premeasure them in 5 and 10 gallon doses in coke or pepsi bottles. Labels removed of course.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Premeasure them in 5 and 10 gallon doses in coke or pepsi bottles. Labels removed of course.
    Great idea, and Coke bottles come in different sizes to meet your needs. Also if you use Pepsi bottles, your boat will definitely run slower.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Great idea, and Coke bottles come in different sizes to meet your needs. Also if you use Pepsi bottles, your boat will definitely run slower.
    How fast would it run if you used a Mountain Dew bottle? YaaaHooooo Mt Dew

6. Member
    I use left over medicine measuring cups, like from vicks etc....
    Works great from gas cans, powertool premix cans, motorcycles and everything else.

Have to do it a couple times depending on what's required as it's 1oz
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

7. Member
    I use an old baby bottle

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

I just keep a small plastic measuring cup in the compartment with the additives. Cost was about 75 cents. I can put exactly how much I need no matter what amount of fuel I have to add.
    Nitro Z-7
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    Dual Power Poles

9. Member
    The best thing about using the Stabil bottles is there is no opening/transferring of additives to another container.
    Remove the reservoir lid, squeeze the bottle to fill the reservoir to the correct level and dump in the tank. No funnel required either. EZ PZ JAPANEZE.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

10. Member
    I use a shot glass for a measuring tool. Pour into empty Quickleen bottle. Each bottle is measured with Don's cocktail for 10 gallons of fuel.

I guesstimate because fill ups are after every trip....it all evens out as Seinfield says...just use it is the deal IMHO (they say)...
    I know guys with newer rigs who almost never ever add these high markup chemicals...
    some say Sea Foam 3x a year is enough w/o all the rest...
    I had a 1984 115hp Yamaha for 16 years and I fished 3-6x a month..put in a can of GumOut 2x a year
    and changed by own plugs/foot oil....my my, how times$$$ have changed...

my only objection is the closed market/high prices...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by droemt View Post
    I just keep a small plastic measuring cup in the compartment with the additives. Cost was about 75 cents. I can put exactly how much I need no matter what amount of fuel I have to add.

13. Member
    Ratiorite cup. Sold at motorcycle shops everywhere. Been using them for 2 strokes for years. Cheap. Also. PLEASE guys. If you remove the coke/Pepsi labels. Be sure to relabel contents.

14. Member
    I only buy additives that come in graduated bottles, then I have no worries. Mercury Quickleen and Quickstor.

15. Member
    Quickleen bottle