BassFan interview with Falcon owners

figured you Falcon guys may enjoy this interview with the owners of Falcon: http://www.bassfan.com/news_article....n#.WItMs1MrKpo

2. Member
    This is nice to hear....someone actually building a boat that is easy to service. I've thought about some of these boats with push button custom panels and how hard it would be to fix or replace years from now or even when you go to repower and have to figure out how these panels are wired.

BF: What sets a Falcon Boat apart from other boats in its class?
    SW: The 99-inch beam and our stringer system is unique and somewhat overkill. The other thing that we feel really sets us apart is we thought about how we built the boat in terms of the serviceability of the boat. It’s why we use rocker switches because if they go bad, the user can replace them or a dealer can replace them at a minimal cost. We have a tri-fold rear bilge battery access area. Everyone who’s seen it loves it. It’s because we’ve worked on boats and we know how hard it is to change a bilge pump or aerator pump or get to a Power-Pole pump. We tried to make the boat very, very user friendly from a service standpoint.

The 99-inch beam is another thing. Not only does it offer more room up front and all the boxes are a little bigger, it increases stability while fishing and improves the ride.
    We’ve really tried to think outside the box on a couple of things. To be honest, there’s been some push back because it is outside the box. It’s surprising some people that some people aren’t willing to think outside the box. We tried a non-carpet option that we got some push back on and we tried opening our rod lockers in a really good way, but we’ve met a little bit of resistance. Everyone that’s tried the rod box that way has liked it.

Read more: http://www.bassfan.com/news_article....#ixzz4Wzv8rGZj
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

Quote Originally Posted by magnumb View Post
    We have a tri-fold rear bilge battery access area. Everyone who’s seen it loves it. It’s because we’ve worked on boats and we know how hard it is to change a bilge pump or aerator pump or get to a Power-Pole pump. We tried to make the boat very, very user friendly from a service standpoint.
    They really need to show that in the photos. One of the big things I am considering in shopping for a new boat is how easy it is to work on the components in the rear.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Good interview! I've had the chance to look over and crawl over the 215 and I can tell you it is a well made rig. Have not had the chance to see the 205 yet and am looking forward to seeing one hopefully soon. I'm pulling for these guys to make it, they are definitely in the running to get my business on my next rig.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!