Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
  1. Member
    My Chris Bailey foil was just delivered. Ask and you shall receive, I guess.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

2. Member
    Put a CB foil on my 2012 z520 (e-tech) and took it for the first run yesterday.

Just gotta say, so far it's the best thing I've added to a boat since my first ever hotfoot. This boat has always been a pig out of the hole and now it jumps on plane. I was also able to run steady at about 22mph with the nose dead on level. Normally she would have bucked like a bull at that speed.

I love this boat but have always stressed about hole shot and proposing - now I'm a 100% believer and I never would have known about CB if it wasn't for this board.

Big thanks from KY!!

3. Member
    https://pix.sfly.com/JzNk6C
    https://pix.sfly.com/6nJ6Pp
    https://pix.sfly.com/3A-uMH

Chris, thank you for an awesome foil, going to Lake Powell for 7 days, can't wait to try it, I will let you know how it
    does out there. Still trying to figure out how to post pics, this is the best I could do!
    thanks again

James McGraw
    2008 Ranger Z21/250 PRO XS

4. Member
    How do I order one, I have emailed and called CB marine design number with no response?

5. Member
    Send him a PM. Here is the link
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2005 Ranger Z21 250 Vmax HPDI, Dual 12' Talons.
    OLD - '97 Ranger 482VS Classic Edition #41 175EFI
    OLD - '96 Ranger 207 Cherokee Aluminum with 115 Yamaha
    BassClub - Gadabout Bassmasters
    My Humminbird Side Imaging Forums --- http://www.sideimageforums.com

6. Member
    Ok thanks

7. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    yes sir, sure is. can you send a pic to my email so i can verify the lower? cbailey2798@gmail.com
    Photos sent, sorry took so long

8. RIP -April 30,2023
    email replied.

9. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Ordered and paid for

10. Member
    Just ordered my foil,cant wait to try it out.

11. Member
    Anyone know what Mercury warranty thinks if you put one of these on? I lost a cheap bolt on foil and really want to go to a bolt on version. I have talked to Cbaily and I really like the design and looks of this one.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JETTnJAGG View Post
    Anyone know what Mercury warranty thinks if you put one of these on? I lost a cheap bolt on foil and really want to go to a bolt on version. I have talked to Cbaily and I really like the design and looks of this one.

Recommend you post this question in the Mercury forum and perhaps Don will reply.

I suspect it will only come it play should you have a parts failure that can be traced back to this foil. But then you may also run into warranty issues on the lower unit should it need repairs aND you lower unit has holes in it. Just a guess aND would like to know as well.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

13. Member
    I got mine installed on my 522 last week. Only took it for a quick test drive but it's great so far. Nose doesn't stand up on hole shot, and will cruise at 19 mph with my sho. Highly recommended.

14. Member
    I have a 93 492V with a ProV200. It's a bit under powered to start with, then I added a pair of ten ft Talons which made it horrible out of the hole. The plate basically put me back to where I was to begin with. I could have tried a four bade prop but that would be 3X the money. For the money and quality of the foil it's a must have.

15. Member
    Did some more testing on Lake Marion a week ago, and I could get down to 19 with no problems and think I could have gone slower. Smooth as silk. Chris has a rock solid product here no doubt. Will be putting my buddies on his boat towards the end of the week if he gets it back from the riggers. Well worth every penny.

16. Member
    Anyone run one of these on an older triton? I have a 2003 tr21 with a 250 hpdi. Its fast and usually quick out of the hole. But usually doesnt plane out till about 30mph. I know i have a fast hull but im more concerned with low speed plane. ( my holeshot is good with a 27p t1 prop. Also i have a 28p t1 that might not be as quick out of the hole.) So just wondering if i put on the 28p, and the hydrofoil, will i get the best of both worlds? My main goal for the low speed plane is kids... And a tube. Hang me now. Hahaha

17. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Mines on gonna run up to the river, put it in give it a test tryout this weekend ,before I head up to Lake Erie

18. Member
    Cool keep us posted.

19. RIP -April 30,2023
    ive done some for tritons but no one has given me feedback on the slow speed planning with it. my boat porpoised at 30(badly), with a foil, that dropped to 18. every boat will be different. there is 2 types of guys that buys a foil. the guy that has loaded his boat down and holeshot went to nothing and the guy that wants to go up in pitch but knows holeshot will suffer, so he puts a foil on to retain his current holeshot but gains mph from the taller prop. what often gets overlooked
    is the cavitation plate, mid section and cowling protection that the foil provides in the event you ever sling a blade.

Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Anyone run one of these on an older triton? I have a 2003 tr21 with a 250 hpdi. Its fast and usually quick out of the hole. But usually doesnt plane out till about 30mph. I know i have a fast hull but im more concerned with low speed plane. ( my holeshot is good with a 27p t1 prop. Also i have a 28p t1 that might not be as quick out of the hole.) So just wondering if i put on the 28p, and the hydrofoil, will i get the best of both worlds? My main goal for the low speed plane is kids... And a tube. Hang me now. Hahaha

20. Member
    Ok thanks chris. Im gonna do some playing with props and see how it goes. Pretty sure im gonna get one of these. Right now im breaking in a new powerhead so lots of mid range rpms and on and off plane right now. Will be able to test on and off plane pretty consistently for the time being. Thanks for the info. The protection is worth it regardless. :)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast