Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Pictures don't do it justice.

John

2. Member
    the awnser to cbailey about warranty will not void your powerhead warranty just your lower unit warranty what happens is when your lower unit goes most of the time mercury just takes your old one back and gives you a new one its easier then the dealer ordering new guts for it and changing them out and thats where the problem is mercury doesnt want a lower unit back with holes drilled in it has to remain stock kinda like a new vehicle you start messing with the engine and modifying stuff on it voids your warranty the safe bet is always wait until your warranty runs out then do whatever you want but i must say very sharp product nicely made if my warranty was out i would definetly buy one still have four more years left but great product

3. Member
    Chris why you not answer my e-mail
    Im ready for foil my motor is getting fix

that red lettering will be gone 1st time ya go WOT.. and lake be empty.. going to scorch the water ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOm!

5. RIP -April 30,2023
    I replied to your email you last night. Whenever your ready to proceed, I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by comanche 487 View Post
    Chris why you not answer my e-mail
    Im ready for foil my motor is getting fix

6. RIP -April 30,2023
    the dealer close to home just replaces short block for warranty work. they havent been rebuilding powerheads in some time according to them. the core charge for a 250proxs was $200 to mercury if old short block wasnt sent back to mercury. i wonder if the lower unit needs replaced, and they didnt want the lower because of the foil mounting holes, you could pay the core charge. if so, wonder what that core charge would be? anyone have experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger z520 View Post
    the awnser to cbailey about warranty will not void your powerhead warranty just your lower unit warranty what happens is when your lower unit goes most of the time mercury just takes your old one back and gives you a new one its easier then the dealer ordering new guts for it and changing them out and thats where the problem is mercury doesnt want a lower unit back with holes drilled in it has to remain stock kinda like a new vehicle you start messing with the engine and modifying stuff on it voids your warranty the safe bet is always wait until your warranty runs out then do whatever you want but i must say very sharp product nicely made if my warranty was out i would definetly buy one still have four more years left but great product

7. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by born to fish View Post
    Pictures don't do it justice.

John
    They sure don't.

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

8. Member
    Looks good guys. I am hoping mine shows up this week.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Ranger 521 svx
    2006 Evinrude Etec E225DHLSDF #05135216

(Dads)
    1995 Champion 202
    1997 Johnson Venom 200STLEUB SN# G04338914 Built 4/97

9. mikesxpress
    Pretty whale tail.

10. RIP -April 30,2023
    i looked in your profile but didnt see your name. if you are the same guy that ordered an aluminum foil with logos, tracking shows it was delivered yesterday and left at front door/porch. let me know, thanks. alot of folks place orders via email but dont give me their user name so not always will i know who is who on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodakrep View Post
    Looks good guys. I am hoping mine shows up this week.

11. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Pretty whale tail.
    Blinged out performance enhancer. RR

12. Member
    Hey Cris has ready for my Foil
    CAN NOT WAIT.Everbody going
    to be sayingman where you get that

Chris, what would be the effects with a foil on a 518c with a 200?
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

Nice lookin functional addition Roger !!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

15. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagreenhead View Post
    Chris, what would be the effects with a foil on a 518c with a 200?
    Shawn, I am not Chris, but I can answer that question. Better holeshot, lower speeds while staying on top with out bouncing, protection from slung blades if it ever happens, etc. Pretty much all of the go fast guys; Stroker, Bullet , Gambler, etc. are running them , and there is a reason.....................they work. You would see the same benefits on your boat and engine also brother.............................RR

16. Member
    How does this work crossing wake board boat wakes and the like? I have a shorter boat (188) and wonder if it would make it easier to spear? Looks sweet btw!

17. RIP -April 30,2023
    i have seen no ill effects crossing wakes nor have i had any negative feedback with customers crossing wakes with my foil.

Quote Originally Posted by cweb View Post
    How does this work crossing wake board boat wakes and the like? I have a shorter boat (188) and wonder if it would make it easier to spear? Looks sweet btw!

18. RIP -April 30,2023
    roger is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostComanche View Post
    Shawn, I am not Chris, but I can answer that question. Better holeshot, lower speeds while staying on top with out bouncing, protection from slung blades if it ever happens, etc. Pretty much all of the go fast guys; Stroker, Bullet , Gambler, etc. are running them , and there is a reason.....................they work. You would see the same benefits on your boat and engine also brother.............................RR

19. Member
    Installed yesterday, hope to test next Tuesday.

<*)\\\|><)
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles

20. Member
    Is it a simple 6 bolt installation or am I missing something as I can barely use a screwdriver. Is this something a non mechanic can install ??? I am preparing to take delivery of Ranger Z 518 with 150 Merc Pro X S, two power pole Blades and two heavy fisherman turning a 23" Tempest Plus. I am concerned about hole shot and this foil might be helpful . Any opinions.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast