Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Please let this work! I posted my displeasure a couple weeks ago the first time I used mine. I can be almost sitting still and I hit the lock button and it backs me up about 5 feet and then spins the boat all around, i understand it's getting right with the wind but if I'm near the shore it will spin the back around and damn near hit the bank if I'm close enough and blow out any structure I may have been fishing. After that it finally holds in some semblance of a spot. I couldn't sit in 20' of water of a rock pile and drop shot over like that with the way it currently works. 3' my ass...10-12' maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by August west View Post
    Please let this work! I posted my displeasure a couple weeks ago the first time I used mine. I can be almost sitting still and I hit the lock button and it backs me up about 5 feet and then spins the boat all around, i understand it's getting right with the wind but if I'm near the shore it will spin the back around and damn near hit the bank if I'm close enough and blow out any structure I may have been fishing. After that it finally holds in some semblance of a spot. I couldn't sit in 20' of water of a rock pile and drop shot over like that with the way it currently works. 3' my ass...10-12' maybe.
    I always position the boat into the wind and try to get it dead still before hitting spot-lock. If yours is backing you up eack time use the remote to check the signal/accuracy you're getting. If you're below steep hills or in a canyon, thats to bad, sorry.

3. Member
    Finally. Got on the water today to calibrate, test, and compare my ulterra ipilot link upgrade kit to my old gen 1 ulterra ipilot.

As I mentioned in a previous post or maybe in another thread...this install was a piece of cake. Looks identical to the install for a terrova ipilot link accessory kit. Plug and play.

I can verify with my unit at least that the spotlock (on this initial test) is noticeably improved compared to the gen 1. It was windy today and it had no problem keeping me tight to within 3 to 4 feet. That's a huge improvement over the 15 to 20 feet radius of gen 1.

Not sure how or why but it seems as if I am the only one to have been able to buy a kit from MK? i hope they haven't changed their minds and are just rationing TM heads to meet new ulterra demand (rather than a less profitable retrofit offering).....at $800 I'd be surprised if it isn't just as profitable?

Idk I hope they do make it available again for the gen 1 owners. If it were my company I'd want to take care of my customer base...hope that happens in time.
    Last edited by BoilermakerRT178; 05-07-2017 at 10:12 AM.

4. Member
    question for boilermaker: did your "kit" come with remote and puck or just the head.

5. Member
    I sent a message to Minn Kota a few days ago.They told me there was no upgrade for the older Ulterra.I sure wish there was.
    Where did you buy yours?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whd44 View Post
    question for boilermaker: did your "kit" come with remote and puck or just the head.
    Included remote, head, heading sensor, charger, cord, grommet for wire install and a number of other items.

I still dont don't see it as an official item purchasable as a kit as I did. It's really too bad.

if I was forced to buy it all separately as parts I would do it. If it's done this way I believe its not covered by a warranty unless installed by a authorized dealer/service. Not sure if they will even sell u the parts though.

Maybe check w your dealer through their parts department. Idk. Good luck.
    Last edited by BoilermakerRT178; 06-20-2017 at 10:43 PM.

7. Member
    Thanks Boilermaker.

8. Member
    I guess I was just lucky. I sold my Ulterra Gen 1 for enough to just add the $500 (which would be about the price of new parts) and get a new gen 2 with 2 year warranty. Will be a few days before getting on the water due to Harvey rains coming this way.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whd44 View Post
    I guess I was just lucky. I sold my Ulterra Gen 1 for enough to just add the $500 (which would be about the price of new parts) and get a new gen 2 with 2 year warranty. Will be a few days before getting on the water due to Harvey rains coming this way.
    Nicely done! You did luck out!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123