Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    Not taking anything away from this thread but this had me chuckling...
    Happy to tickle your funny bone. Been in the central valley of California a bit to long where we fish year around and hard water only occurs above 5,000 foot elevation. Does that make you jelly?

2. Banned
    Have you heard of an upgrade on the Terrova?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Happy to tickle your funny bone. Been in the central valley of California a bit to long where we fish year around and hard water only occurs above 5,000 foot elevation. Does that make you jelly?
    my dogs water bowl hardly ever freezes

4. Member
    Boilermaker: if that was sold to you as an accessory (finished good), then yes, the warranty for accessories would apply. MinnKota sells items as either finished goods which carry the warranty you posted, or items can be purchased as "parts". Not all parts are available as finished goods and it is the items purchased as parts that carry the limited warranties I was posting about.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Have you heard of an upgrade on the Terrova?
    As of today, NO

6. Banned
    Thanks

7. Member
    After watching video of the new Ulterra I may have to think about making the up-grade as much as it hurts. Oh well its just money!

8. Member
    so for $500 dollar kit you get a part that will hold you in a 5 foot radius, I thought they were advertise to hold in a 3ft radius? I cant wait for motorguide to come out with a cable steer with spot lock, when they do I will say bye bye to my Ultrex and Minn Kota.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

9. Member
    What's the verdict?? I'm dying to get an upgrade for the spot lock on a first year Ulterra.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    What's the verdict?? I'm dying to get an upgrade for the spot lock on a first year Ulterra.
    2x

11. Member
    Finally had a chance to do the install this past weekend. It couldn't have been easier.

It is as easy as removing 4 screws...unplugging the old head and plugging in the new. Why there would be the need for an authorized service tech to do this is beyond me.

I would say the most difficult part of the whole thing is deciding where to mount the heading sensor. Seriously guys I can't overstate the simplicity.

i have yet to get it out on the water for calibration but I anticipate no issues. Will report back once I get it in the water.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Finally had a chance to do the install this past weekend. It couldn't have been easier.

It is as easy as removing 4 screws...unplugging the old head and plugging in the new. Why there would be the need for an authorized service tech to do this is beyond me.

I would say the most difficult part of the whole thing is deciding where to mount the heading sensor. Seriously guys I can't overstate the simplicity.

i have yet to get it out on the water for calibration but I anticipate no issues. Will report back once I get it in the water.
    Where did you get the parts?

13. Member
    just gonna have to call minn kota. There has been different answers. The last time I called I was told "NO"

14. Member
    What was the actual cost to buy this upgrade?

15. Member
    There's another thread that discusses this but in summary I called HB to ask about a kit to convert my gen 1 iPilot ulterra into a gen 2 w improved spotlock and ipilot link.

They sold me a kit that had all of the parts similar to what you would buy if you were upgrading a terrova using an accessory kit.

subsequently they seemed to back way off and not sell the kit...maybe realizing they could make more if they force people to buy a new TM. Just my cynical side talking, I don't know. I paid $799 for it. Came with instructions on install of all components.

others have also been told that parts sold as separates must be installed by an authorized dealer otherwise warranty is voided. I found this to be ridiculous given how easy it was to install.

i was left confused after hearing others' experience with what they were told by HB CS. After I ordered, I called back and asked if I was sold a complete kit or just parts and if it required a service tech for service...she confirmed it was a kit and also told me to not worry as i will see how simple it is to install.

long story but if you are interested and they are willing to sell it to you, your risk of messing it up approaches zero.

once I get it on the water, calibrate, and test it, I will report back. Good luck all...I hope they do make this upgrade widely available.
    Last edited by BoilermakerRT178; 04-15-2017 at 08:10 PM.

16. Member
    Was yours the link or non link?

17. Member
    My existing ulterra is non link...I got the gen 2 head kit WITH link.

18. Member
    Let us know if the spot lock feature is better with the newer parts.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott A View Post
    Let us know if the spot lock feature is better with the newer parts.
    I agree. I'm on pins and needles trying to get any information on a side by side comparison. Also, do you have a part number or anything specific I can use to order the same parts? I've called twice and been told no both times. I'd love to approach it from a different angle and act like I'm just ordering a part.

20. Member
    I'm sure Mr Jones will give you a price on the parts.
    Like you I would still like to know how much of an improvement is is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast