Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I hate to hear all these "horror" stories about the props. I guess I'm just conditioning myself to have to buy a new one pretty soon after I get her home. The silver lining is it sounds like it runs great afterwards.
    Bigchris for $32 you got a steal! I would buy props all day long at that price!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    I just bought a new 2016 X19 a week ago, took it out one time, boat was a death trap above 50mph with any trim involved. I have a 175 SHO with a crappy Powertech 23P. Looks like the common fix is to purchase a new prop. FML. I expected better from a $32K dollar rig
    adjust jackplate higher may help greatly
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    I just bought a new 2016 X19 a week ago, took it out one time, boat was a death trap above 50mph with any trim involved. I have a 175 SHO with a crappy Powertech 23P. Looks like the common fix is to purchase a new prop. FML. I expected better from a $32K dollar rig
    So what is it doing?

Your setup may be off some, but don't expect a performance hull to drive itself. Aggressive steps and true pad style bottoms have to be driven. Its why even a weathered bass boat owner of a "luxury" styled upper end bass hull cant jump in an Allison and drive it. Loose is fast and you're basically trying to balance the boat on a single waterski sized pad. You will get there, and when you do, its just like riding a bicycle, you never forget.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    So what is it doing?

Your setup may be off some, but don't expect a performance hull to drive itself. Aggressive steps and true pad style bottoms have to be driven. Its why even a weathered bass boat owner of a "luxury" styled upper end bass hull cant jump in an Allison and drive it. Loose is fast and you're basically trying to balance the boat on a single waterski sized pad. You will get there, and when you do, its just like riding a bicycle, you never forget.
    It is doing a lot like the post above the guy that swapped props to the FXP 23P. My boat runs great, as long as I am trimmed down all the way. If I trim up it gains RPM's and speed and the all of a sudden the boat will start darting to the left and to the right fairly aggressively.

You are correct, I am coming out of a 19.8' Skeeter that was like a battle ship as far as stability, loved that boat, but we needed some fast cash to cover tuition so I sent it down the road.

How many inches is the propshaft below the lip of the pad when its trimmed level? It does sound like its too low, but you never know.

6. Member
    I have a 6" plate and I am 3.25" PTP. The FXP made a huge difference in handling and speed. But I still chine walk above 63mph. I still need to learn how to drive.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    How many inches is the propshaft below the lip of the pad when its trimmed level? It does sound like its too low, but you never know.
    I didn't measure that distance. I only measured what the service guy at the dealership asked me to do. The pad height from ground and cav plate from ground, there's only 2" difference. Cav plate above the pad. He told me it needed to be 5.750" difference. I am at work now, 420 miles away, when I get back, I will raise the engine and get measurements from prop shaft to pad along with cav plate height. I'm not afraid to work with it. If I can get this boat into the 60mph range, I'll be happy without having to purchase a new prop

8. Member
    Big Chris, I dont think your going to be happy unless you change props. My dealer swapped props with me at no charge. But, if you have to pay $300-500 more better to do that than spend the $32k you said you spent on boat and not be satisfied. I was very dissatisfied until I changed props.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasfishin2 View Post
    Big Chris, I dont think your going to be happy unless you change props. My dealer swapped props with me at no charge. But, if you have to pay $300-500 more better to do that than spend the $32k you said you spent on boat and not be satisfied. I was very dissatisfied until I changed props.
    I will ask my dealer if they will change it out. I'm sure they won't beings as its been in the lake now.

10. Member
    What is the top speed to expect with the 200...taking into account a new prop?

11. Member
    Yup just need to learn how to drive it. I can trim all the way up and roll but takes time
    2010 Xpress X-19 2010 Yamaha VMAX Series 2 200

12. Member
    I'm at 14" on total setback and it handles much better
    2010 Xpress X-19 2010 Yamaha VMAX Series 2 200

13. Member
    Could you please advise in the X18 with a 150 sho. also thanks for a great article, very informative, a great read.

14. Member
    Finally got her home. Still have a few things with the electronics we are gonna do when they come in but all in all it's ready to roll.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Member
    Awesome!!!! Youre going to love it!! I really like the sea dek.

Man I really want that sea dek on my boat!
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

17. Member

Yeah the sea dek is really awesome. I like to fish barefoot and it's super comfortable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. Member
    How long was the wait?

19. Member
    Forever! But for real pushing 11 weeks.

20. Member
    The best fishing will be gone by the time I get mine! They said it was in the paint phase two weeks ago. Not sure how long after that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast