Question Factory installation of Merc Monitor

I ordered my boat with mercmonitor installed and electronics shipped loose for me to install. NEMA installed as well. Could anyone tell me what I need to complete the connection from electronics to monitor via nema backbone.
    Also wondering if anyone calibrated fuel tank level to the monitor and if it works ?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I ordered and installed my own and it came with a Tee and the n2k cable was a part of the wiring harness on the monitor......Going to assume that you will have Lowrance electronics: if they know what they are doing (sure they do) everything will be connected at the factory. All you need to do is connect your units and add the information as an overlay....in the event they didnt connect it then you would need an extra Tee, tie that into the nmea network and then connect the n2k pigtail from the merc monitor.....easy.... fuel tank question, i cant answer that.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I have merc monitor and nema I've never even thought to see if the merc stuff shows up on my graph guess inneed to look
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

It will if its setup correctly. I overlay my water temp and rpms on my GPS while running.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I ordered and installed my own and it came with a Tee and the n2k cable was a part of the wiring harness on the monitor......Going to assume that you will have Lowrance electronics: if they know what they are doing (sure they do) everything will be connected at the factory. All you need to do is connect your units and add the information as an overlay....in the event they didnt connect it then you would need an extra Tee, tie that into the nmea network and then connect the n2k pigtail from the merc monitor.....easy.... fuel tank question, i cant answer that.

Where did you order this from?

Quote Originally Posted by WSfishin View Post
    I ordered my boat with mercmonitor installed and electronics shipped loose for me to install. NEMA installed as well. Could anyone tell me what I need to complete the connection from electronics to monitor via nema backbone.
    Also wondering if anyone calibrated fuel tank level to the monitor and if it works ?
    Hi David, you didn't say if you were getting the analog gauges in addition to the merc monitor. If you are getting both, the factory is still hooking up two wires to the sender on the gas tank. You should have only one, due to the merc monitor and the gas gauge operating on different voltage. I ordered my 2016 618 with a merc monitor, and it came with the gas gauge sender wire hooked up along with a sender wire for the merc monitor fuel level. I had to remove the panel on the rear deck and cut the sender wire for the gas gauge. I used the merc monitor reading for my fuel level, and overlayed it on my lowrance unit. Hope this helps. By the way, do you still make the trip down to Pickwick in the spring?

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by indiana01 View Post
    Where did you order this from?
    I ordered it from Don Weed at European Marine....he's a board sponsor and Merc man on here....it was a one stop shop, he also makes sure you have everything for installation.

8. Member
    I thought even with merc monitor you had to have the vessel link?
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

9. Member
    Ok I looked it up merc monitor is still usable but you have to buy a nema2000 merc connector 360$
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

If you have an actual merc monitor level 1 you can get data on your lowrance with just a nmea cable to a tee in your backbone. If you don't have the level 1 or just a smartcraft monitor you can't get it onto your graphs. What is the merc connector for $360? Are you talking about the blue cable that hooks from the MM to your engine?
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    What is the merc connector for $360? Are you talking about the blue cable that hooks from the MM to your engine?
    He's talking about the NMEA gateway module......Im not sure what at what time you use it but not needed with the MM......

12. Member
    So, I have a round smartcraft gauge but I am thinking of installing the MercMonitor, will it plug into the blue harness running from my engine?

13. Member
    Alabama phoenix sent you a PM.