Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terminal Tackle Storage...Can't find anything decent.

What do you guys use for terminal storage? I tried several different things over the years and can't get anything decent going. I did read of people using magnets to prevent things from getting shifted around, but not sure if there just a better storage system to use.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

2. Member
    I use small 4mm plastic bags on some stuff and put it all in a 3700 or I use a plano terminal tackle box. Its tight to the cover when you close it so hooks cant slide into other spots.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bass_...page-BMBC.html

I plan on buying one of these Bass Mafia containers for terminal tackle. Ive heard great things!
    Currently I'm using a standard 3700 plano box with a thin piece of foam glued to the underside of the lid. It keeps everything from switching compartments.

4. Member
    The locks keep falling off my Plano and BassPro Junk....I think I'll try on of these.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

5. Member
    After having my dividers come out due to weight a few times, I bought this a few weeks ago.

http://www.basspro.com/Plano-ProLatc...product/54193/

Every compartments is self contained with no dividers to fall out. Only time will tell if it is a good box or not but it holds everything I have and is pretty good for organization. I was considering a bass mafia terminal box but read initial reviews on it being a bit of a pain and it isn't exactly cheap. A lot of wasted space too IMO.

I like the 3700 size Husky boxes from home depot. They haven't warped the way the cheaper Plano boxes do. For termine tackle I just use a waterproof 3700 Plano cox though.

I think it a big mistake to take all of your hooks out of the factory pkgs, It has cost me big time! I leave all hooks in their packs and use a plano with the water proof seal and use the smaller size boxes for weights. I separate for carolina, dropshot and texas rigs etc.

8. Member
    Using the 3700 coffin regular for terminal.Weights are labeled and kept in 4 mil bags.Hooks and technique specific weighted hooks kept in there packages .
    Purchased the terminal box and sent back.Great idea but needs work.
    These are areas they'll need work on that box.
    1-Foam for hooks not allowing lids to close,just trim the foam down 1/2" then many hook types will work and lids would close.
    2-weight storage does work but you need to push weights deep into foam to close lids,only issue with this was removing from weights from foam was cumbersome.
    My opinion only and just didn't want to mod a $50 box when I accomplished what I needed with there 3700 Red coffin.
    My entire storage for tackle are the Bass Mafia boxes and you'll just need to read other users ideas and watch videos on
    youtube and there's many.
    Great thing is you'll as I call it have your kill boxes set for each outing or tournament without the headache and storage problem
    of many regular boxes as I've cut my boxes in half using Mafia boxes.

9. Member
    This is what I have. Works great with hooks and stuff up top and weights on bottom.
    http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/...ay-utility-box

10. Member
    I use a 3600 Plano bag with 4 3600 boxes. Divides things the way I want and works great. I carry a lot of terminal tackle since I chase smallmouth as well as largies and spots
    Nitro z21

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmike59 View Post
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bass_...page-BMBC.html

I plan on buying one of these Bass Mafia containers for terminal tackle. Ive heard great things!
    Currently I'm using a standard 3700 plano box with a thin piece of foam glued to the underside of the lid. It keeps everything from switching compartments.
    This will be the last terminal tackle box that you will ever buy

Bass Mafia...then I modified it a little to hold hook packs and other odd shaped stuff.

Bass mafia works good for me
    Attached Images Attached Images

'14 Phoenix 619 w/ 200 Pro XS

14. Member
    I've been using this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/IRIS-4-in...FZBWDQod93MNXw

good to keep everything separated and good to take individual boxes to go when going on someone else's rig

15. Member
    Hooks, sinkers, beads, swivels, etc. in pill bottles work good using a deep Plano box. Labels placed on the bottle or on the caps.
    Rocket

16. Member
    I started doing this a month ago and like it alot. Sinkers in small bags so easier to get out of small divisions and hooks in original packages (the best part to me). Fly boxes for teeny things like hitchikers, swivels, beads, etc. deeper 3700 style.

Last edited by bigkahuna71; 01-25-2017 at 11:41 PM.

17. Banned

18. Member
    [QUOTE=bigkahuna71;8060136]I started doing this a month ago and like it alot. Sinkers in small bags so easier to get out of small divisions and hooks in original packages (the best part to me). Fly boxes for teeny things like hitchikers, swivels, beads, etc. deeper 3700 style.

This is looking nice! Might have to steal this layout.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

19. Member
    Bass mafia 3700 box works for me. The new bass mafia terminal tackle box not so much. It just don't hold enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast