Crock Pot Fixins

While on the mend from my 2nd knee replacement in 2016 I started to get interested in having meals fixed for the Mrs when she got home from work at night,
    first one is a spiral cut ham,

(1) Put one cup of brown sugar in the bottom of a large crock pot,then place a spiral cut ham in,(note, get a ham that will fit the pot u have ,we have the largest one we could find,or u may be able to use a Turkey Roaster,we use ours when we fix chilli)Now place a second cup of brown sugar on top of the ham, now add one or two cans of diced pineapple chunks and cook for 4 to 5 hours,,,

Next Meal Plan,

Save the ham Hock

Ham and beans in a crock

soak the beans over night,place in crock,now with the left over ham hock place in crock and some of the left over ham u fixed diced up as needed, add water as needed to cover. the brown sugar/pineapple ham will flavor the Ham & Beans,,,

Enjoy

2. Member
    I like to do a roast in the crock pot with plenty of vegetables. You can freeze the leftovers and get several easy to fix meals out of one pot.

3. Member
    I do at least one meal a week in the crock pot from roast to whole chicken..the whole chicken turns out like a rotterirey chicken and i8 cut potatoes 1 inch thick and place on bottom then rub my chicken down with spicys and cook got to be careful because you can over cook it and it will get mushy.

4. Banned
    Here's a great and simple crock pot recipe:

Throw beef roast in crock pot. Smear one can of Golden Mushroom soup on top. Pour can of French Onion soup on top of that.

Cook until done. It's the best thing you've ever put in your mouth. No idea why anyone would cook roast beef in the oven.

I'm getting hungry !

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Here's a great and simple crock pot recipe:

Throw beef roast in crock pot. Smear one can of Golden Mushroom soup on top. Pour can of French Onion soup on top of that.

Cook until done. It's the best thing you've ever put in your mouth. No idea why anyone would cook roast beef in the oven.
    ^^^^^This^^^^^ AND try adding a layer of rough cut carrots, potatoes, and onion under the roast with seasoning or a bullion cube

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

7. Member
    I think were people go wrong with roasts is they try adding alot of water, i put the roast in slash with worcheshire and i packet of dry onion soup mix and that is it no water period.put the carots and taters and mushrooms on top by the end of the day the roast makes its on juice and gravy.

8. Member
    I want to see a picture of the Ham--That sounds very interesting...This is just between us right--I am a old tried and true low and slow guy. If it did not take a while and you had to watch the heat and smoke it was not worth eating. I had a stroke in 2013 and had major back surgery a year later so I had some time. I cooked a Cola Boston Butt in the crock pot one day because I was bored and it was--FANTASTIC... There is a southern heritage and art to smoking and drinking with friends.....There is always that moment when you watch your friends eat and they get that smile on their face like--O God this is good.........That is how good the BBQ was that I cooked in the slow cooker.Well cook is not correct.... I get to keep my southern accent but I am now a believer of the crock pot--slow cooker what ever you want to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ891 View Post
    I'm getting hungry !

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrybasser View Post
    No kidding! I'm in a weight loss challenge(an I'm gonna win) and I have to remember to stay off of here.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    No kidding! I'm in a weight loss challenge(an I'm gonna win) and I have to remember to stay off of here.
    Do not open any thread that Cliff starts and you should be good!