The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

Matching Champion White Gel...Name, Number, or Recipe?

Need to patch a small spot on hull, and wonder how to match the white color. Does anyone know how, or have a mixing recipe to match the white?
    Is there a color name, or color number???

I bought some white gel and have not yet checked it for an out of container match. I don't have high hopes for that.
    A buddy has some Ranger white, and we're thinking we can come close between the two even if we have to mix them to get it.

The area that we're doing is way under hull, and about 1/2" wide x 15" long and only 64th-32nd" deep.
    Original owner scraped a rock. Needed a keelgard.

thx!

2. Member
    Matching gel coat color can be tough, since there is so many variations of whites and grey's and so forth...i have 3 different light grey color's on my hull from trying to match what i consider light grey and what others call lite grey.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

3. Member
    In an area like that I would use MarineTex. It's very close to the color of mine. I can't even tell where I repaired a small nickel size chip.
    Champion 206
    250XB

4. Member
    White gelcoat mixed with some cabasil to the consistency of peanut butter..easy to work with and sand..
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

Cabosil...

Thickening agent for resins and gel coat. Add Cab-o-sil - Aer-o-sil powder to make a paste. Stir or mix in. Quart size should thicken a quart of Gel Coat.

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    If Dean's did your seating, they will also have your colors on file. Call them with your HIN.

If Llebroc did your seating, I am not sure if they keep the same sort of records.

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I asked Deans about my seats and they couldn't find my number (HIN). They had the number before mine, and the number after, but my number was missing. They were going to see if it's been misfiled. That's all I know on Dean's till I call them back next week.