Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Wow. Guys JR is a straight up dude. I was in his boat for a couple runs. I am a big dude and JR is no small boy. Had to add shot to his side to offset me on balance. Fully loaded to fish, load of fuel, troller on. No fishing seats up. Boat and video is legit. Does his boat hurt my feelings - not at all. I'm happy for him.
    I ran one of his props on my flashed SHO Stroker. He was around 6600 and 88. I was around 6800 and 93. My normal fishing prop is a 30 bravo 6000-6050 and 88-90 with lag from 5300 to the 6000 and lag from 83 to 88-90. I did not run the 29 he has. It won't fit my modded prop shaft.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 210blazer View Post
    I have a 2008 21xdc with the flash done and real world fishing numbers i gained about 5-6 mph. Id be surprised if he had anything in the boat,even if it had a trolling motor. Problaly some other stuff done also. Guy here in town just got the exact rig and is only running about 85. But again im sure that's a fishing load. From other bullets ive been around the sho flashed still isn't quite as strong as the merc 300 xs.
    facts are your hull weighs about 1400lbs. mine weighs 2000lbs.. mine holds 52gallons of fuel.. I ran those numbers with a half of tank of gas which would be about 25 gallons.. I'm 6'4 an weight about 260lbs and my trolling motor has never been off the boat.. I had 16 rod and reels . 20 piano boxes of tackle mostly plastics baits ..
    Last edited by jrbritt; 03-02-2017 at 09:38 AM.

3. Banned
    Last edited by jrbritt; 03-02-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 210blazer View Post
    I have a 2008 21xdc with the flash done and real world fishing numbers i gained about 5-6 mph. Id be surprised if he had anything in the boat,even if it had a trolling motor. Problaly some other stuff done also. Guy here in town just got the exact rig and is only running about 85. But again im sure that's a fishing load. From other bullets ive been around the sho flashed still isn't quite as strong as the merc 300 xs.
    You prob are keeping yours under the OEM rev limiter. JR is not. HP keeps climbing when you rev these motors so that alone would explain why his is faster. Also, your 21ft Bullet should be capable of 90 loaded without going over the limiter, ask Willy (WPC3 on here) as his does exactly that loaded.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rouse4 View Post
    I have been kicking around the idea of doing the flash but do not want to raise the limiter for some of the reasons SkeeterDD22 provided. I also have no problem changing props if the flash will give me more...but I will not raise the limiter.

The question I have is will it be worth the $600 to do the flash? Also wonder what MPH gains I will see on my 2012 Skeeter with a 250SHO with no limiter adjustment?
    WITHOUT changing props. If you want to go faster, you'll have to increase rpm. Basically, right now, if you're top end rpm is around 6100 rpm (on the limiter), and you flash the ecu and keep the limiter. It's not going to go faster. You'll get from zero to top end faster, but, top end will be about the same.
    To keep the limiter and go faster, you'll need a higher pitch prop (more money). And for your Skeeter, I would assume 2 to 3mph gain with lots of tinkering here and there, and, still be able to launch.
    Unless you have a parts store, you're looking at $1000 to $1500 to gain a solid 2 to 3mph.
    What's holding you back is mostly your boat, and then, the rev limiter. (even without the rev limiter, it's hard to make a barge scream). No offense, I've got a big fat Skeeter also. I love my boat, but, it's just not really designed for temurpedic luxury, or blistering speed.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

I'm hunting for a new Bullet pretty hard right now, but I have to be honest, after seeing the numbers this Sterling is putting up, I'm looking that way as well. Impressive numbers for the setup.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    I can't help it if you don't know how to drive a boat . or that you have a slow ass bullet.. but let get some real facts your hull weighs about 1400lbs. mine weighs 2000lbs.. mine holds 52gallons of fuel.. I ran those numbers with a half of tank of gas which would be about 25 gallons.. I'm 6'4 an weight about 260lbs and your about what 5'9 165 lbs soaking wet.. my trolling motor has never been off the boat.. I had 16 rod and reels . 20 piano boxes of tackle mostly plastics baits I bought from Gary smipson at his store the tackle box . right at newman lake. so anytime you want to run against me I will gladly drive up there to race you.. an we can weigh each boat an put the same amount of weight in each boat. I don't bull sh--t an if you need to find out more about me , I friend with Darrell pon's . shaw grigsby. bob heron . gary simpson, ,mike gulf, berny shults. I fished in the bass master of gansville club back when I was in college there, so let me know when you want to race the sterling. I will go pro the whole event... lol
    First of all i never said how fast my boat goes but if you want to know it'll ive ran it 87 with a 29ti at about 6100rpm, i run all day 86 with a 4 blade so you have now idea about my boat. And yes that with the poles and 2 people and usually with the live wells full. Second i never doubted your speed just said you don t know how to set a boat up if your running a 29t1 at 6600 and only running 89,that's WAY too much slip. Are you going too mention to anyone about you blue printing your pad or just pound your chest about all your slip? Ill be happy to race your sterling anyday and if you think bullets are slow it even proves that much more your an idiot. I really don't care who you know so you can stop flapping your gums about that. I really don't care if you run 100mph but i do care about the way you run your mouth to someone you don t even know.

8. Banned
    Last edited by jrbritt; 03-02-2017 at 09:31 AM.

9. Banned
    Last edited by jrbritt; 03-02-2017 at 09:32 AM.

SkeeterDD22, here is another flash only, stock rev limiter for you. Before the flash, 25p FXP, 74-75mph at 6100. Check it out now, and I have more left but not the balls just yet to push it!

Xpress X19/200SHO

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    SkeeterDD22, here is another flash only, stock rev limiter for you. Before the flash, 25p FXP, 74-75mph at 6100. Check it out now, and I have more left but not the balls just yet to push it!

WOW that great,, good job.. and that's with a full load. I can see trolling motor an reels on deck. LOL , again the purpoise of this thread was to show people that the FLASH WAS WORTH THE MONEY, an yes you also proved its worth the money. contrary to what some people on this board might say, AGAIN Congrats.....

Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    WOW that great,, good job.. and that's with a full load. I can see trolling motor an reels on deck. LOL , again the purpoise of this thread was to show people that the FLASH WAS WORTH THE MONEY, an yes you also proved its worth the money. contrary to what some people on this board might say, AGAIN Congrats.....
    Bobby and I talk a lot, even have run some of the same props and have seen similar results. And yeah he has that Aluminum rig ROLLING!!! Both him and I have posted numbers with full load. No empty running boats here haha.

13. Banned
    [QUOTE=jrbritt;8178055]anytime your ready jody just let me know .. I didn't say all bullets where slow , just that your boat is slow.. Now I don't think I called or used any name calling yet but if you want to start that crap your not to far away for me to come show an little punk like you what kind of a idiot I can be.... so watch your mouth an be careful..[/

first off off all you don't know me but I can tell by the way you talk your a keyboard badass, I'm in Gainesville and not hiding from anyone so bring your fat ass and piece of shit boat up here anytime. Not sure where you think your getting your info about me from but I can tell you it's all wrong. I'm done with dumbass thread so here my number if you care to take it any further ass. 352-665-5474, you may want to be careful with you threaten.

Thanks Jr, love that Gambler too man. You have that thing dialed in for sure!! Keep them vids coming bro.

Risco also has his Cat hauling the mail too! Him & I ran quite a few props and slung quite a few blades...
    Xpress X19/200SHO

T-Bob, you said before the flash (6100rpm 25p TXP). Is this the same prop after the flash?

More top speed is either more rpm, or a taller gear.
    Since you left the limiter, you didn't get more rpm with your $600 purchase.
    Did you get a taller gear with it, or was that an additional expense?

AND..before the flash, you're 75mph boat was a 200hp motor, not a 250...Correct?
    Might want to point that out for those that don't know. Most folks thinking about the ecu flash already have a 250 (even the title of the thread).
    The "gain" info isn't much use if we don't know where you started.
    Kind of like me telling you that a 250hp SHO gained me 75mph. It's true, I bought a 250 SHO and gained 75mph.
    Last edited by Dando; 03-02-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Danny, its simple. Most boats will gain approx 1mph for every 10hp... give or take and exceptions to every rule... but approximately. The HT SHO Flash brings any 200/225/250 SHO up to around 300hp (prob a little over) at the STOCK LIMITER.

Therefore, if you start with a 225 and get it flashed, plan on gaining around 7-8 mph... simple math. Yes, you will most likely have to re-prop, but who doesnt re-prop a boat anyway for ones particular load and likes...

The 250 guys can plan on gaining 5-6... for $600.. and then sell their old prop to cancel out the cost of the new prop.

Bottom line, the flash works.

You have one horse building a rock fence under a bridge. (that's talent right there). It's going to take him a while, just one HP, to reach the bridge.
    You have 99 horses helping him. (I know, crazy talent right). It's not going to take near as long, with 100hp, to reach the bridge.

But as long as that bridge is there. That wall's not getting any taller.

If your RPM is capped and your gear ratio is set. Any more HP than it takes to reach that set rpm results in NO more speed.

Or, how about this.
    My boat runs 74mph at 6000rpm.
    Someboy send me a flashed ecu and I'll install it and post my new 6000 rpm speed.

It won't be any faster unless I increase my rpm, or change props I bet. (and I would bet)

Your argument is based upon not switching props. Yes, you have to switch props (if you are already at the limiter). Then you sell your old prop to get back some or all of the money you spent to take advantage of the increase in HP.

20. Member
    Another way to look at this. I keep everything the same and buy the flash only. I think we will all agree (maybe), speed will not change and I'm probably banging the limiter if held WOT.
    What have I gained - cut hole shot time? cut time to max speed? using less throttle to hold max speed? burning a little less full at max speed? If I'm running and gunning a tournament
    all day - have I increased my number of available moves through the time savings and fuel savings? Have I gained back some bait in the water time? Did I place better because of having time to make one more cast or hit one more spot? Am I violating tourney rules by running the flash? (some yes / some no) Is the cost of the flash worth it to me over the course of the season?

Danny is correct in the smart money is the 200 and the flash. He is also correct that performance hulls will see a bigger return on the money. Question everyone has to ask to ole self (assuming your currently set up to peak performance) Is the price of the flash and a new prop (conservative 1300.00) worth 3-5 MPH? Folks that chase speed for a living will tell you that is dang cheap.

Anytime you make performance mods (whether it be to a car, boat engine, whatever) - that is a personal choice. You do it knowing you have violated the manufacturers specifications / recommendations. Any ill effects / issues from those modifications are now your responsibility, so that must be figured into the equation as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast