Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    yea it is if the Yamaha 29 t1 is a true 29 pitch....... but the bottom line is it's a 90 mph boat with that prop..
    great job JR

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    Torque is a measurement based off horsepower....horsepower and torque will all be equal at 5250 rpm....Jr provided real gps results.... not arm chair calculations.
    Normaly you see torque follow the horsepower curve and both fall off at the same time. This chart doesn't make any sense.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Worthy View Post
    great job JR
    thanks WAYNE & thanks PAUL.. I don't know what the true pitch # are but with the boat loaded two fat guys like me. lol tournament loaded 87. 3 today with 26 lbs of fish in the livewells. and just love how it flew by everyone in the tournament today.. bullets too ... there was this one 21ft purple bullet with a 300xs . hope to get a 1.62 gear case to try soon...

4. Banned
    Arm chair? There's a link on the bullet page for a prop slip calculator. So easy a dummy could us it.

5. Member
    I guess my question or comment didn't get picked up. With the RPM shown in the video the tune would have to be to max and not 300 HP, correct? A 300 HP tune would go to about the normal RPM. That graph isn't for the OP's boat. It's on one of the other threads and was posted by someone that had it done or possibly Wayne himself.

6. Member
    Davepjr71 - The dyno chart reflects a full pull of the std tune with the rev limiter raised to 7K RPM. Read the graph to 6200 RPM for std tune result with limiter left at stock setting.
    Also, the dyno pulls are taken at the crank and not the prop shaft. While no 2 healthy powerheads will yield duplicate output, they will be within a close range of each other.
    The boat in the video is the std tune with the limiter raised to the 7K point. Some folks run to the raised limiter, some don't. The tune itself is the same either way.

7. Banned
    What exactly did the flash do?
    I'm expecting that the SHO must be severely detuned, as you don't get that kind of increase on a normally aspirated 4-stroke engine.

8. Member
    Extremely efficient / smart manufacturing at work. Single model production line / costs that yields multiple variations at final assembly with stickers / decals and a computer program.

9. Member
    That chart is from my dyno tune performed at Hydro-Tec. I took the measurements from the dyno run and put them in a chart so it would be easy to view. The 300 flash is from Simon's and the dyno run was on my brand new 200 that Wayne and Jon broke in on their dyno. Jon used a stock 250 SHO ecu for break in since mine was being shipped.
    Wayne's SHO made 344 hp where as mine made 354 hp so as mentioned, no two engines will perform exactly alike. I'm a firm believer that a dyno break in is the absolute best way to break in any engine and since they were installing solid mounts in my engine, they had to remove the powerhead so that saved me a little money to do both while it was apart.

At the time I had my engine worked on, Wayne did not perform the flash in house. Since then, he does. My experience with Simon is far from favorable and he'll never see another penny of my money.
    I'm going to call Jon and talk to him about their tuning as it looks like they have found a little something more since Britt's ride seems really strong to pull off his numbers.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    I have run Hydro-tecs Flashed Sho on a Triton @ 92+....I love my 2 stroke but I keep thinking about how well that ran!......Good job Jr got that rig rolling!
    I would like to see what your boat would do with my engine set-up on it.

11. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 210blazer View Post
    Arm chair? There's a link on the bullet page for a prop slip calculator. So easy a dummy could us it.
    Yes its a arm chair measurement.....you are just assuming that the pitch number that is stamped on this prop is a correct measurement.... props are almost always off the only way to tell is to pitch block it....I have found that the better running props usually pitch out to a higher number than what's stamped on the prop...

btw the prop calculator is only as smart as the dummy using it....

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

12. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    I would like to see what your boat would do with my engine set-up on it.
    Ok lets do it .....lol

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

Keep us posted please.

Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    That chart is from my dyno tune performed at Hydro-Tec. I took the measurements from the dyno run and put them in a chart so it would be easy to view. The 300 flash is from Simon's and the dyno run was on my brand new 200 that Wayne and Jon broke in on their dyno. Jon used a stock 250 SHO ecu for break in since mine was being shipped.
    Wayne's SHO made 344 hp where as mine made 354 hp so as mentioned, no two engines will perform exactly alike. I'm a firm believer that a dyno break in is the absolute best way to break in any engine and since they were installing solid mounts in my engine, they had to remove the powerhead so that saved me a little money to do both while it was apart.

At the time I had my engine worked on, Wayne did not perform the flash in house. Since then, he does. My experience with Simon is far from favorable and he'll never see another penny of my money.
    I'm going to call Jon and talk to him about their tuning as it looks like they have found a little something more since Britt's ride seems really strong to pull off his numbers.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

Gained 10mph from a flash...and a propeller....and some more RPM. AND, this on a boat that will respond well to performance mods.
    Not one, but THREE, things that changed as far as we know. What we don't is if these three things is ALL that was done? If the initial set-up may have been lacking. We also don't know how it launches now.
    BUT, it's also a given. You need all three of those to go faster. So, if you're not wanting to buy more props (and/or) do away with the rev limiter? You won't gain much.

I'm all for increasing the RPM to go faster, but, at what cost? 6,700? Will it hold up for extended runs? And since no limiter, where's it going to go from 6,700 when the lower unit clears water?
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    Gained 10mph from a flash...and a propeller....and some more RPM. AND, this on a boat that will respond well to performance mods.
    Not one, but THREE, things that changed as far as we know. What we don't is if these three things is ALL that was done? If the initial set-up may have been lacking. We also don't know how it launches now.
    BUT, it's also a given. You need all three of those to go faster. So, if you're not wanting to buy more props (and/or) do away with the rev limiter? You won't gain much.

I'm all for increasing the RPM to go faster, but, at what cost? 6,700? Will it hold up for extended runs? And since no limiter, where's it going to go from 6,700 when the lower unit clears water?

Ok here is the same boat , same driver , different motor. This time it was with a mercury 300xs . With dave bush kit on it.. dave bush dyno said its 334 hp at the prop ... so flash on the Yamaha sho must be really close to 334 at the prop too.. almost same mph... only about 5 tenths of a mile per hour. differents so far . still going to get the lower unit changed or work so in the end it might be faster than the Mercury 300xs, no oil , no noise and lanches way better than the Mercury did. Also better warranty.

Last edited by jrbritt; 02-27-2017 at 09:29 PM.

16. Banned

Agree!! We'll never know how long it will last and warranty is out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Agree!! We'll never know how long it will last and warranty is out the window.
    I'm not against more power, performance mods, or going faster. I'm just saying that if you plan on gaining 10mph and only have $600 to throw at it........It's not going to happen.

jrbritt seems to be a rare exception to ALL the rules though. (with the boat/hull being maybe the most important factor).
    Launching AND Spinning a 29p prop to 6,700rpm? I see it, he's proven it, and I'm still baffled.

I think he may be straddling a single pontoon using his feet as rudders to steer.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

18. Member
    I have been kicking around the idea of doing the flash but do not want to raise the limiter for some of the reasons SkeeterDD22 provided. I also have no problem changing props if the flash will give me more...but I will not raise the limiter.

The question I have is will it be worth the $600 to do the flash? Also wonder what MPH gains I will see on my 2012 Skeeter with a 250SHO with no limiter adjustment?

I'm not against more power, performance mods, or going faster. I'm just saying that if you plan on gaining 10mph and only have $600 to throw at it........It's not going to happen.

jrbritt seems to be a rare exception to ALL the rules though. (with the boat/hull being maybe the most important factor).
    Launching AND Spinning a 29p prop to 6,700rpm? I see it, he's proven it, and I'm still baffled.

I think he may be straddling a single pontoon using his feet as rudders to steer.
    The HT ECU Flash is the real deal. Yes, to get the MOST out of it you have to swap props and play with setup, but that's it... Here are some more numbers for you that I have witnessed first hand

BassCat with stock 200 SHO and tempest 25p (worked and its stiff) - 74mph @ 5750 rpm
    Same boat with HT Flashed ECU and SAME PROP - 80mph @ limiter
    Same boat with HT Flashed ECU, Swap prop to worked 26p Fury - 84mph @ 6150rpm (STILL not above OEM limiter)

The flash is the real deal and longevity shouldnt be effected as rpm is the same. Call Wayne or Mat at Hydro Tec if you are interested, they have the tunes dialed in!
    Last edited by J Risco; 02-28-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

20. Banned
    I have a 2008 21xdc with the flash done and real world fishing numbers i gained about 5-6 mph. Id be surprised if he had anything in the boat,even if it had a trolling motor. Problaly some other stuff done also. Guy here in town just got the exact rig and is only running about 85. But again im sure that's a fishing load. From other bullets ive been around the sho flashed still isn't quite as strong as the merc 300 xs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast